By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yu Suzuki, Producer/Director of Shenmue 1 & 2, is at E3

Holy crap it's actually going to happen isn't it?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Holy crap it's actually going to happen isn't it?

The rumour is that Quantic Dream are helping to make it. And we now have this too:

The PS5 Exists. 

Kresnik said:
Heavenly_King said:

why traitor?

My assumption would be that he used to develop games for SEGA consoles until PlayStation came along, and now he's one of the big wigs at Sony.

Some people simply can't ever move on... -__-

GribbleGrunger said:
http://www.jeuxactu.com/e3-2015-sony...-ps4-99098.htm

"Shenmue 3 is one of the biggest sea snakes in the history of video games, the Arles par excellence. It is now almost fifteen years that fans await a sequel to the first two games developed by SEGA Dreamcast, then the first Xbox name. Today, talking about Shenmue 3 returns to talk about Half-Life 3: something completely hopeless, that makes millions of gamers drooling but that will never happen. And yet. According to our information, Shenmue 3 is indeed a reality. The game will be presented at E3 2015: this will be exclusive to the PS4, with Yu Suzuki in charge!"

Oh, geez...seriously people? Let's not destroy Sonys conference for us by getting ridiculous on the home stretch.

If all these hints don't amount to an actual confirmation, A LOT of people will be disappointed because they were led to believe in the hype.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Oh, geez...seriously people? Let's not destroy Sonys conference for us by getting ridiculous on the home stretch.

Come on, you know full well that 99% of the time the hype is tongue in cheek and doesn't ACTUALLY create any negative impact.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:

Come on, you know full well that 99% of the time the hype is tongue in cheek and doesn't ACTUALLY create any negative impact.

And still we get the same reactions every new year, I always read stuff like "I'll never fall for the hype again" after any Sony conference. :D

DerNebel said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:

And still we get the same reactions every new year, I always read stuff like "I'll never fall for the hype again" after any Sony conference. :D

So true. I understand getting hyped, but people should still lower their expectations.

DerNebel said:

Ok, 98%

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:

Ok, 98%

That's what I like to hear ;)

Anyway, I'm at this point ready to believe that TLG is going to be there. Virtua Fighter 6? Sure that's a possibility. Shenmue in any way? I highly doubt it.