By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda Accidentally Announces Dishonored 2 Announcement

An accidental open mic broadcasting live to Bethesda’s Twitch stream picked up a discussion about Dishonored 2 being presented during the company’s E3 press conference. Ooops.

The discussion, captured in part in the YouTube video below (audio only), discusses a presentation by Harvey Smith, co-director of the first Dishonored, who moved to France following its 2012 release to work on a follow-up with Arkane Lyons. The speaker with the French accent is Raph Colantonio, president of Arkane.

What we’re hearing is Colantonio and others discussing an announcement bit in which he begins speaking in French, only to be interrupted by Smith in mid-sentence. Colantonio is being given instructions to continue speaking rather than stop after the first sentence, as his speech is so fast the scripted interruption felt unnatural. It’s a candid peek behind the scenes at how these big E3 pressers are put together.

If you listen to the end of the recording you can hear someone informing the speakers that a live mic is broadcasting to Bethesda’s Twitch stream.

We expected a Dishonored 2 announcement tomorrow evening, and now we know it’s happening.

Bethesda took the glitch in stride.

http://kotaku.com/bethesda-accidentally-announces-dishonored-2-1711155583

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Announception.

hopefully the ending is going to be better because the first is an amazing game with an amazing story and really shitty ending.

Now they have to announce that they accidentally announced the announcement early

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Jeez, so man things getting leaked. At this rate, what's going to be left to show once the conferences start? : (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I hope it's a 3DS exclusive

Around the Network

The game was a disappointment. The world felt bland and the forced stealth was just a huge turn off.

The ending was also really awful.

So yeah, not excited at all about this. Where are the games like Bioshock? Why do these mediocre games get sequels?

So yet another E3 surprise to be added to the pile of cock ups and mistakes, rather than shocks or joy. Just excellent.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Feels like an intentional tease

I actually hope it's Prey 2 instead. Apparently Arkane took it after Human Head.

These leaks are starting to get ridiculous...

Anyways, I was a huge fan of the first Dishonored, so I'm pretty excited to hear about this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."