By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [E3_SPOILER] Ryu and Roy leaked for Smash. Street Fighter stage,more Mii costumes and Inkling trophy too. [/E3_SPOILER]

So, this is now being leaked.

PETA where art thou?

Around the Network
Qwark said:
I get the Roy part, but why Ryu it doesn't serum like any streetfighter is going to hit the Wii U in near couture.

Doesn't seem like any Mega Man is hitting the Wii U anytime in the near future, either.

That's not how Smash characters have ever been picked, dude.

spemanig said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

On the bright side, Bayonetta can still happen, especially with 2 characters from 1 3rd party being now a thing.

Nope. Not nearly iconic enough. Ryu is in because he's the Mario of fighting games. No one knows or cares about Bayonetta outside of a select few core gamers. That mean no Rayman either.

The way the select third parties for this game is pretty clear. The only non-iconic character I can see is Banjo, because of his Nintendo history. Other than that, this is likely it, unless you know of any other characters who transend the meduim the way Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, and Ryu do.

Tetris for Smash? No? Hm.

I can write an 2 page essay to counter this but not bothered since I go over this many many times. 

Rayman sold more than Megaman, btw.  In terms of voting popularity for non N characaters according to a 14K poll (largest so far) , Banjo is 1st. (I don't see happening because: MS 1st party. ) , then soon after Shovel Knight. After it's Snake due to Veteran status and soon after Bayonetta, who almost triples over Rayman suprisingly.

Keep in mind times change and this is a few months old. Will not talk further as it's going off-topic.

WhiteEaglePL said:

I can write an 2 page essay to counter this but not bothered since I go over this many many times. 

Rayman sold more than Megaman, btw.  In terms of voting popularity for non N characaters according to a 14K poll (largest so far) , Banjo is 1st. (I don't see happening because: MS 1st party. ) , then soon after Shovel Knight. After it's Snake due to Veteran status and soon after Bayonetta, who doubles over Rayman suprisingly.

Keep in mind times change and this is a few months old. Will not talk further as it's going off-topic.

Doesn't matter. Mega Man is a bigger IP, by a landslide. I think you're in for a suprise if you actually think the ballot will have influence on more than like one 3rd party character. And if that happens, it'll be Banjo. Everything else will be first party, even if Snake gets 100 million votes.

Wow, that's pretty cool! The only thing they need to do now is give them to us for free or cheap instead of charging £2.50 for each character =_=

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

Hey this isn't necessarily an E3 spoiler, could just be part of Sakurai's direct tomorrow.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Hey this isn't necessarily an E3 spoiler, could just be part of Sakurai's direct tomorrow.

I think everyone is considering that direct a part of E3.

Hiku said:
Qwark said:
I get the Roy part, but why Ryu it doesn't serum like any streetfighter is going to hit the Wii U in near couture.

Snake was in Brawl, and the only Mertal Gear games for the Wii were the first two NES ports on Virtual Console.

Yeah, but don't forget Twin Snakes on the GCN and that is still exclusive all these years later. Its not like they didn't do anything for Nintendo.

Yup, I am going to not be watching these forums until after the E3 presentation..

bunchanumbers said:
Hiku said:
Qwark said:

Snake was in Brawl, and the only Mertal Gear games for the Wii were the first two NES ports on Virtual Console.

Yeah, but don't forget Twin Snakes on the GCN and that is still exclusive all these years later. Its not like they didn't do anything for Nintendo.

They're talking about future, not past. There was no Metal Gear game for Wii after Snake was in Brawl. There is no need for a Street Fighter game to come to the Wii U in the near future to justify Ryu in Smash 4.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if a Street Fighter does make it onto the Wii U soon.