By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lawsuit Against Bandai Namco Claims Anti-American Racism

Stupid lawsuit. American is not a race.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

So, because they don't always want to spend the extra money to localize their titles, due them not selling enough overseas, they're racist?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
So, because they don't always want to spend the extra money to localize their titles, due them not selling enough overseas, they're racist?

So...because the article wasn't pasted into the thread, you didn't read the article, and just guessed?

Well i am against racism even i am hate US Government it doesn't mean i hate American people. Hope this will not affecting their game development or game translation that will be coming to NA.

mornelithe said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's 50/50 whether he's right in suing or he's fishing for easy money. I generally side against whoever is suing some company or someone in america for money. Too many americans are starting to just sue others over anything no matter if they're in the right or not. 

Al Shapton's daughter is trying to sue a city over her ankle/leg getting hurt on a cracked sidewalk and the next weekend she's posting pics on social media of her mountain climbing. 

Not sure justice is served if we simply assume any lawsuit brought forth by an American is simply false, otherwise, I think Baltimore and Ferguson Missouri might be in a sticky situation.  More likely, cases should be analyzed in a case by case basis (as is the norm).  Frivilous lawsuits will always be an issue when people have the rights they do in America (people abuse all systems, we know this.  Cops are too aggressive, military can violate rules of engagement or engage in horrific things, lawyers, banks, insurance, employers, hospitals etc....., this doesn't mean they're all bad, or all innocent.  Just that there are some people out there willing to try to abuse the system for gain.  Ignoring all lawsuits, would solve nothing.

No. No. No.... I wasn't saying that the US should ignore all lawsuits or anything like that. I personally will side the people being suied over the other side because of the growing frequency of frivolous lawsuits and people in general taking their liberties too far. That's just me. Should the government do that? No. I agree that the system should be there to protect people but then again it shouldn't be exploited for personal gain no where to the extent that it has. It sets the wrong precedent. The process in how they choose which lawsuits are allowed needs to be refined though. 

Around the Network

Americans are not a race or an ethnicity. There are unarmed black people every week who get killed by the police in the US, why isnt any one suing the US police about that instead? 

DonFerrari said:
and when american became a race?

The dictionary definition of "race" includes groups with the same nationality. Americans are a race.

When did the internet become so hell bent on changing the meanings of words to suit their own narrow definitions?

If you don't consider American a race, then I am afraid you are just factually incorrect.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
DonFerrari said:
and when american became a race?

The dictionary definition of "race" includes groups with the same nationality. Americans are a race.

When did the internet become so hell bent on changing the meanings of words to suit their own narrow definitions?

If you don't consider American a race, then I am afraid you are just factually incorrect.

It's a nationality and not a race. It is not one race or ethnicity.  America is comprised of many races and it's a very young country. Because it's a multi-racial country, it has no true ethnicity that defines it like china, japan or africa.  

If a black or white person were born in china, they would still be white or black but they would be of a chinese nationality. Sometimes, people will use nationaltiy to define their race. 

You're more or less thinking of the old way of defining race. The majority of countries have one race and it matches the nationality of the country. Otherwise known as pure blood countries. 

Maybe in a few centuries or more, when the different ethnicities in america have blended to the point where you can't tell me apart, it would be more appropriate to think of american as a ethnicity. 

Aeolus451 said:
MikeRox said:

It's a nationality and not a race. It is not one race or ethnicity.  America is comprised of many races and it's a very young country. Because it's a multi-racial country, it has no true ethnicity that defines it like china, japan or africa.  

If a black or white person were born in china, they would still be white or black but they would be of a chinese nationality. Sometimes, people will use nationaltiy to define their race. 

You're more or less thinking of the old way of defining race. The majority of countries have one race and it matches the nationality of the country. Otherwise known as pure blood countries. 

Maybe in a few centuries or more, when the different ethnicities in america have blended to the point where you can't tell me apart, it would be more appropriate to think of american as a ethnicity. 

Again you are changing the definition of the word to fit your own narrower definition.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Aeolus451 said:

Again you are changing the definition of the word to fit your own narrower definition.

No, I'm simply explaining how the majority of americans see nationality and race. Older countries that have mainly one ethnicity in their country wouldn't see the difference between race and nationality like an american would. Americans often define themselves by their ethnicity first than many other things before they'll just plainly say they're american. 

I'm mixed with between irish, swedish, japanese and cherokee indian. I kinda just pick one based on my mood and check that box when I'm asked about my race. haha.  If you put 10 americans into a room and asked them what their race or ethnicity was, none of them of would say american.