By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone have this Splatoon gear?

bunchanumbers said:
gabzjmm23 said:

demn... 

I wouldn't sweat it. Outside of looking cool the basic abilites of them are average at best. You will end up not using them like most of the people who have amiibo gear.

But couldn't we just add slots and re-roll(though it'd take too much time)? Or is that not possible for amiibo unlocks?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Sunstrider said:
Sorry, I really don't remember(intentional) what stats I have, I'm more focused on collecting all clothing then gradually adding slots to the ones I like best in style.

You could check. :L

Sure, I'll try a bit later as my dad is still watching TV, man, off-tv would've been useful at this time.

Sunstrider said:
bunchanumbers said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Outside of looking cool the basic abilites of them are average at best. You will end up not using them like most of the people who have amiibo gear.

But couldn't we just add slots and re-roll(though it'd take too much time)? Or is that not possible for amiibo unlocks?

You could reroll but the better upgrades are in the main slots so you end up not making the most out of it. A upgrade in the main slot gives the biggest increase. The sub bonuses are smaller. You would be better off using other gear with the main slots filled with the upgrades you want.

bunchanumbers said:
Sunstrider said:

You could reroll but the better upgrades are in the main slots so you end up not making the most out of it. A upgrade in the main slot gives the biggest increase. The sub bonuses are smaller. You would be better off using other gear with the main slots filled with the upgrades you want.

I guess, though skills aren't really a biggy for me as long as there are various, still I want that samurai set and the dang amiibos are still not in stock in my local store >:(.

bunchanumbers said:

But how do you know they have the amiibo gear if they're not wearing it? o_O

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
bunchanumbers said:

Because they are wearing one of the items. Usually the school jacket. Almost no one decides to max out the amiibo gear, at least in my experience.

bunchanumbers said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Because they are wearing one of the items. Usually the school jacket. Almost no one decides to max out the amiibo gear, at least in my experience.

So they're still using it then!

I have all of those things, actually, lol... But I prefer a diversity in my gear abilities, so I have a couple "loadouts" (they REALLY need to add that!), one with primarily faster reloading, running, swimming, ink saving, etc. and another with primarily attack and defense with extra grenade throw distance and sub ink saving so I can nade spam. Don't focus so much on a certain set of abilities, you'd be amazed what ways others can benefit you!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
I have all of those things, actually, lol... But I prefer a diversity in my gear abilities, so I have a couple "loadouts" (they REALLY need to add that!), one with primarily faster reloading, running, swimming, ink saving, etc. and another with primarily attack and defense with extra grenade throw distance and sub ink saving so I can nade spam. Don't focus so much on a certain set of abilities, you'd be amazed what ways others can benefit you!

What do you mean by those things? All gear or do you actually have attack up gear with attack up subs? Also the gear abilitys I use when not trying to unlock sub abilitys or look cool generally depends on the weapon. Only for the E-liter specifically am I using as many attack buffs as I can since it makes the weapon significantly better.

Einsam_Delphin said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

What do you mean by those things? All gear or do you actually have attack up gear with attack up subs? Also the gear abilitys I use when not trying to unlock sub abilitys or look cool generally depends on the weapon. Only for the E-liter specifically am I using as many attack buffs as I can since it makes the weapon significantly better.

Sorry for the late reply, but both: I have all those pieces of gear, but I also have gear with both attack and attack up subs as well as gear with defense and defense up subs.

As a person who's played a decent amount of hours, especially in ranked battles, you're going to find that attack up isn't the majority of abilities on higher ranked players (at least when I last played; as everyone slowly ranks up, more people using various stuff get up there, too).  Instead, what I found was that the majority used Special Charge Up so that they had Inkstrike or Kraken as often as possible (Kraken is useful for pushing the opposing team away from the zone).  One guy had, believe it or not, 3 pieces of gear, 2 with Special Charge up, all 3 pieces had Special Charge Up in TWO sub slots... Obviously overkill, I bet he doesn't realize it, but... Don't be so obsessed with damage, even for the E-Litre 3K  

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/