By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft should have built their own VR headset

Yes, let them assemble a stellar team of engineers spend years and hundreds of millions dollars in of R&D so they can compeat with companies that intent to support its most important platform (Windows).

That would be a genious move.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
pbroy said:

Yes it does. 

No it really doesn't. Sony is already investing heavily in VR. They built an entire studio dedicated entirely to Morpheus games. They're courting developers left and right to work on it. There are rumors that Media Molecule (one of Sony's top studios) is creating a new IP exclusively for Morpheus. At the end of the day, Rift is a PC exclusive device. The only way Microsoft can hurt Sony in the VR market is by creating their own headset for XBO, which is what I want them to do instead of this rather pointless partnership. 

Media  Molecule could have been making a AAA title instead of a game exclusively for an unproven format. They are putting lots of effort into it, maybe that is why we see so many Indies on the PS4 now and long waits on big titles. Their efforts are being spread.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Fusioncode said:
Goatseye said:
Get VR manufacturers to try to support W10 on Xbox & PC and push the f*** outta accessories.
VR+Controllers, VR+Kinect and support them with software.
???
Profit

Neither Vive or Rift will have XBO support. A headset for Xbox would need to be designed from the ground up. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

pbroy said:
Fusioncode said:

No it really doesn't. Sony is already investing heavily in VR. They built an entire studio dedicated entirely to Morpheus games. They're courting developers left and right to work on it. There are rumors that Media Molecule (one of Sony's top studios) is creating a new IP exclusively for Morpheus. At the end of the day, Rift is a PC exclusive device. The only way Microsoft can hurt Sony in the VR market is by creating their own headset for XBO, which is what I want them to do instead of this rather pointless partnership. 

Media  Molecule could have been making a AAA title instead of a game exclusively for an unproven format. They are putting lots of effort into it, maybe that is why we see so many Indies on the PS4 now and long waits on big titles. Their efforts are being spread.

Exactly. Sony is putting a lot of effort into the Morpheus now. It has nothing to do with Microsoft giving away free XBO controllers. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Goatseye said:
Fusioncode said:

Neither Vive or Rift will have XBO support. A headset for Xbox would need to be designed from the ground up. 

I am. XBO is far far far too weak for any current VR headset. It's exactly why Vive and Rift would never support PS4 either. The only way it got a VR headset was Sony designing from the ground up. That's the only way XBO is getting a VR headset. 

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Goatseye said:

I am. XBO is far far far too weak for any current VR headset. It's exactly why Vive and Rift would never support PS4 either. The only way it got a VR headset was Sony designing from the ground up. That's the only way XBO is getting a VR headset. 

What's the spec requirement for Vive and Rift?

Goatseye said:
Fusioncode said:
Goatseye said:

What's the spec requirement for Vive and Rift?

Rift requirements.

Oculus founder talking about how expensive of a PC you'd need. (over $1500 for a Rift + PC that can use it)