By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS: 360 to trail behind for February and March for NA

The PS3 has out sold the Nintendo Wii in two weeks so far this year world wide.

Around the Network

I don't understand why people are suggesting Rock_on to take the bet. He's an even bigger xbox fan than Starcraft.

That'd be like Leo_J taking a bet with DMeisterJ. NOT going to happen

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

i Love all consoles equally, honest, lol.

The release from Microsoft does not say that sales will be low in March.

"We definitely expect we will trail in February as a result of our supply constraints. By April, we will be in a very healthy inventory situation."

Says they were constrained in February.

Says By April inventory will be very healthy. That means during March inventory will build. This I suspect is to they can have a very large (very healthy) inventory for price drop and GTA4. So no problem finding them in March.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Well from the looks of it Micheal Pachter and Microsoft don't seem to have much faith in the 360 so far, so really we should expect the PS3, maybe the Wii (due to shortages) to have beaten the 360 in the first couple of months of 2008. If this is so, Ioi should up the PS3 numbers in America or down the 360 numbers in America. Personally i think this whole shortages thing is aload of bollocks. Not hatin on the 360, i might even get one, but lately it is gettin it's ass handed to it by the PS3 and the Wii. So is NPD gonna come out later today?

Around the Network

eliasg said:
Sony guys everywhere in this forum, i think is about time to rename the forum from vgchartz to pschartz....

This isn't thread about Wii outselling or being outsold. It's thread about X360 vs PS3 sales. I'm sure if the news was that Wii is going to be outsold by PS3 in February you would see more Wii fans in this thread than you see PS3 and X360 fans combined now. And this thread would have 4 pages instead of 1.

kamil said:

eliasg said:
Sony guys everywhere in this forum, i think is about time to rename the forum from vgchartz to pschartz....

This isn't thread about Wii outselling or being outsold. It's thread about X360 vs PS3 sales. I'm sure if the news was that Wii is going to be outsold by PS3 in February you would see more Wii fans in this thread than you see PS3 and X360 fans combined now. And this thread would have 4 pages instead of 1.

Dont worry, by mid summer the 360 wont even matter anymore and well be coming for the Wii's ass as well. 

Yeh 360 will a few weeks this year. They better had with the EU price drops. Although I think the EU sales will jump to 75k then level off around 60k.

Ynwa.

MS doesn't think they are constrained. They just want to make people think they are so they can say "hey we did very well considering we are strained"

PooperScooper said:
MS doesn't think they are constrained. They just want to make people think they are so they can say "hey we did very well considering we are strained"

So, ban bet me PS3 wins March? One month.

You are so confident after all, LOL.

BTW, no supply contraints, it must have been a conspiracy that Best Buy and Amazon and Wal Mart took all their online units down in the first 3 weeks of Feb. That dirty microsoft LOL