By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD thread! PS4 152k; XBO: 139k; WU: 43k; 3DS 97k

Are you ready?

Fuck, YES!!!!! 179 61.94%

Boutros > Ryng Tolu :P 108 37.37%

Total:287
ethomaz said:
It will be interesting to see how the US sales go up if PS4 get a $100 price cut like PS2 did.

I think in the Picedrop month will sell between March 2014 and September 2014 level, more close with September, and will sell costant +200k, 250k in some good month. :D

Around the Network

Well, seem that...

PS4 ~ 152,000
XBO ~ 139,000
3DS ~ 68,000
WU ~ 43,000

DolPhanTendo said:
knubie2 said:
Not surprised by Splatoon's relatively low numbers in the states. NOA's marketing was targeted exclusively at children (in addition to launching some of the absolute worst advertising campaigns I've ever seen) while Japan's broader demographic appeal and better ads sold twice as many units relative to it's install base.

Low numbers??? 136,000 in 2 days is low to you remember May 31st wasn't included so I do not get your post

I said relatively low. I think 136k is fine (especially considering this title is likely to have long legs), but it sold about the same as Japan and they have half the install base. I would have been much happier with 200k+ FD and I think they could have easily hit that number had they handled the marketing as well as Japan did.

Amiibo leads in interactive game toy sales.

“May 2015 was a positive month for video game accessory sales, with dollar sales up 20 per cent. The top 5 accessory types: Interactive Gaming Toys; point cards; gamepads; headsets/headphones; and power supplies, all experienced year-over-year growth. Interactive gaming toy sales experienced stellar growth of 73 per cent in May 2015 as Nintendo’s amiibo accessories led dollar sales for the first time since launch.”

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-11-npd-playstation-4-is-back-on-top

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Quite disappointed at the lack of Nintendo PR. I feel like we've had one for every month recently. I guess that's what the 15m 3DS announcement was about, as a pre-empt to the disappointing numbers here.

And I didn't even realise this was P&D month release.

Dire for PS4 as well, sadly. Oh well.

Around the Network

Graphs

This should say PS4 sales

And this one is for the Xbox One

Ah can't wait for the comparisons between wii first 4 years and PS4 first 4 years. As people once compared wii vs PS2.

People gotta accept that the sales curve is very different each gen, based on price cuts and game releases.

Hiku said:

Last month we got some "Are the tides turning for XBO?" threads, while claiming it didn't have to do with the NPD win.

I'm not seeing any of those now though.
Someone should make one.

Already posted.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202904&page=1

And now that i think so, the WU is probabily at 455k this NPD...

All that we have, is this:

Is confirmed that the PS4 won, and we know that XBO is at 139k... but we don't know who is XBO and WU in the graphs!

So, if blue is WU, and tecnically, nobody can say that is not :P we have:

PS4: 498k

WU: 455k

XBO: 139k

My Wii U prediction was off by 2k and also manage to predict well the gap between ps4 and xbox one, other than that, failed miserably again.