By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD thread! PS4 152k; XBO: 139k; WU: 43k; 3DS 97k

Are you ready?

Fuck, YES!!!!! 179 61.94%

Boutros > Ryng Tolu :P 108 37.37%

Total:287
OnlyForDisplay said:
CosmicSex said:
Man I know Microsoft wanted that win going into E3. The thing is: People talk about Xbox One having momentum and that is something that cannot be statistically denied (save March) but then how do we describe the PS4's performance?

Great games, hype, gamers first mentality, friends on that system, etc, etc. It could be a number of reasons; usually a combination rather than one. I just hope Sony does announce a pricecut for E3; 1TB being one of the biggest high notes of their press conference. I know it will have been almost two years if it is not announced, but I personally do not believe that Sony will ease up on the brakes. As you have stated, Microsoft does have momentum, and for them, I want that to continue. For Sony, it will be time to hit high gear since they do not have much to fall back on for the remainder of this year; God of War 3 Remastered and The Uncharted Collection not being accounted for.

I tend to agree.  While there is no point in predicting the winner for June, I believe that Sony needs to speed things up to get its pace going into the holidays.

I think a pricecut and 399 1TB Battlefront 3 bundle will put them out of reach for Microsoft. 

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
CosmicSex said:
Man I know Microsoft wanted that win going into E3. The thing is: People talk about Xbox One having momentum and that is something that cannot be statistically denied (save March) but then how do we describe the PS4's performance?

Without last year "pretended exclusive" Whatchdogs PS4 lost a lot of momentum this year.

Numbers are not fantastic all around, and it´s far from crushing competition as it was praised here 2 years ago after the Microsoft "Pearl Harbor" E3.

What?

If people believed Watch_Dogs was an exclusive then dont you think Sony did a great marketing job? But are you actually moaning that Sony backed an exciting new IP.. I mean even MS were bundling the game to get more sales. So now it's Sony's fault that people wanted to buy WD and wanted to play it more on the PS4.  What do you think of MS paying for Tomb Raider (pretend exclusive?) or the Witcher Marketing rights (pretend exclusive).... it's a really poor point you are raising :)

Sony is crushing the competition, its ahead in every single market, and though it may be a bit closer in USA (it's still over 600k gap) and UK... the rest of the world is basically a masacre. Taking into account that MS won USA and UK by quite a few million (about what 15m+ for both those markets)... if you dont think that's crushing it.. I dont know what to say. If you dont think its that bad, wonder why there have been crazy deals giving upto $150 off the console trade in deal in April.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

XBO did less than the XB360 in the same period, but more than the XBOX.

May third year sales:
XB360: 155,000
XBO: 139,000
XBOX: 124,000

Third year total sales firsts 5 month:
XB360: 1,050,000
XBO: 987,000
XBOX: 779,000

thread update as well: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202293

ils411 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

Great games, hype, gamers first mentality, friends on that system, etc, etc. It could be a number of reasons; usually a combination rather than one. I just hope Sony does announce a pricecut for E3; 1TB being one of the biggest high notes of their press conference. I know it will have been almost two years if it is not announced, but I personally do not believe that Sony will ease up on the brakes. As you have stated, Microsoft does have momentum, and for them, I want that to continue. For Sony, it will be time to hit high gear since they do not have much to fall back on for the remainder of this year; God of War 3 Remastered and The Uncharted Collection not being accounted for.

hmmm.... god of war 3 remasterd and uncharted collection for the ps4.... hmmmm

you know, the more i think about it, the more i believe that sony is actually targeting non-loyal x360 owners by offering "this gen games" and "last gen games" all in one system even without B/C...

but truth be told, B/C would have been really epic.

Well, Sony doesn't have much to offer this year. Falling back on said titles; scooping up a potential partnership with the Call of Duty series no less, seems to be the major way they will be able to satisfy and appease the masses. Trust me, I understand that games like Persona 5, Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, and Disgaea 5 (western release?) will be great. Issue is, minus Persona 5, I am not too certain how the other two will sell. 

As I said, I am hoping for more great games for the PS4, such as what Sony Bend is doing, more news on Horizon, Azbu, No Mans Sky, Gran Turismo 7, Media Molecules new game, more gameplay footage of games like Persona 5, and hopefully....

Last Guardian update/gameplay! Either way, personally, I look forward to what the "Big Three" have to offer. I understand I haven't been ecstatic for E3 since the years of 1999-2005, but I am hoping this year will bring some great games and announcements.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Ryng_Tolu said:

May third year sales:

Would you happen to know how much the Xbox 360 cost at this point in time?

Around the Network

Seems like Nintendo won't be doing any PR, 3DS results, both hardware and software, are bound to be catastrophic, that 15m article we got earlier today was damage control.

Splatoon and WiiU didn't do well enough to ignore that.

CosmicSex said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

May third year sales:

Would you happen to know how much the Xbox 360 cost at this point in time?

Sorry i can't remember, but i'm sure XB360 cost less than the XBO.

Is also true that the XBO have some deals that the XB360 can just dream... i think are in the equal situation imo.

Yep... withouth any Ninty numbers, 3DS is at 68,000 for this NPD... very low... still hope in some WU numbers, usually Ninty release all time the numbers.

celador said:
Why so little interest in racing sims in the US?

Well they want Nascar =p.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Yep... withouth any Ninty numbers, 3DS is at 68,000 for this NPD... very low... still hope in some WU numbers, usually Ninty release all time the numbers.

Nintendo didn't release numbers last month.