By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-05-07/ 2007-05-13

FishyJoe said:
According to creamsugar on neogaf: Famitsu hardware 5/7 - 5/13 DSL - 160,009 Wii - 55,724 PSP - 33,438 PS2 - 11,854 PS3 - 8,962 360 - 2,369 I'm guessing there is a lot less shopping post Golden Week, thus causing weak sales across the board. PSP looks to have gotten some sales boost from FFT. Those PS3 numbers are scary low.

all those numbers are low all around. this is basically like the sales after Christmas.. slow.. they will all pick up again in a few weeks. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Well Wii is supply restrained, and the DS is to some extent. Nintendo pumped up supply during Golden Week and the week before, and it dropped off the week after.

Playstation 3 wont start selling until games start appearing .In Japan in all the year only 7 games have been released ;Gundam Mussou ,Enchanted Arms ,VF 5 ,Virtua Tennis 3 ,Mist of Chaos and the baseball game from Konami ...I remember another one maybe one of horse races .7 games in nearly 5 full months isnt a good deal .The sales will pick up once the games start to appear .Even if it reduces the price why pick it up if there isnt anything new to play since end march ?

Diomedes1976 said:
Playstation 3 wont start selling until games start appearing .In Japan in all the year only 7 games have been released ;Gundam Mussou ,Enchanted Arms ,VF 5 ,Virtua Tennis 3 ,Mist of Chaos and the baseball game from Konami ...I remember another one maybe one of horse races .7 games in nearly 5 full months isnt a good deal .The sales will pick up once the games start to appear .Even if it reduces the price why pick it up if there isnt anything new to play since end march ?

Although I agree with you to a certain extent there are still two important questions that need to be answered "When are these games going to come?" and "Will the games be released too late?"

The Japan situation for the PS3 is dire. As HappySquirrel pointed out, when are these games coming? I believe Hot Shots Golf 5 or something is being released this summer, but is that enough to cause a complete turn-around? Dipping below 10k this early in it's life ...... scary. It's almost guaranteed the 360 will outsell it when the Trusty Bell bundle is released. What game(s) will turn around the PS3's fortune in Japan?

Around the Network

Dolla, there is no one single game that will turn around the PS3. Why? Case & Point: 360. The 360 had a huge game in Blue Dragon, combined with another huge game in Lost Planet. For the PS3, the names are FFXIII and Metal Gear Solid 4. They will invariably, certainly help, but they will not ressurect the PS3 to PS2-type levels. The key to succuess is lots of decent titles, and not just the few name brand ones. Wii didn't need Mario to move 2, 1m+ games in Japan, neither does Sony. They just need some support. Next year, I feel the PS3 will be selling around 100% more systems week in and week out. However, this is obviously not as much as it needs. Also, between the TB Bundle, and Forza 2 shipping to Japan, it's nearly assured that the PS3 will be near 6k by the time TB ships. It'd be fairly easy at that point for the 360 to overwhelm the PS3 and outsell it for 1 week, and even upto 4. Heck, it could constantly outpreform it for awhile even. What the PS3 needs is what the 360 has had recently in s/w: A absolutely constant slew of decent to good titles, one week after another. The 360 isn't uber-preforming, but it's software is selling well, and the hardware is ty

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@Dolla Dolla No game will make a turn around for PS3. What they need is a series of high profile games for the japanese market to hit every month for at least 6 month to create some momentum.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Diomedes1976 said:
actually if you look Madden 07 for the PS3 is selling in Japan.. which is amazing lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453