By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-05-07/ 2007-05-13

y-koron said:

Numbers just comes

soft:

FFT (PSP) : about 170k

console: 

PS3 : less than 10k (about 9k in some rumors)

PS2 : more than PS3 

PSP : about 30k (Few effects by FFT)

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

okay now PS3 is dead in japan whatever you say, under 10k before it hits 1 million is not only bad it is panic time!

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

FFT - 170k... First day was about 120k so this number is a bit disappointing. I was counting for some fight with DS's Wings. No major affect on hardware... Anyway another +300k title arrived - it's good.

y-koron said:
OriGin said:
Once again thanks y-koron! It is almost like clockwork that you post this the same time every week. How do you get this information? Doesn't Famitsu release on Thursday? It's only 11pm on Wednesday in Japan at the moment is it not?

EnterBrain (publisher of Famitsu) released the charts data about 10~11pm(JST) on wednesday on their site. And almost same time, they send the numbers to some customers buying their data. So, some people leaked them on Internet (Probably, Enterbrain doesn't forbid to use data for not commercial use).

My post is based on it.

Thank you very much!

Do they provide the information about top 10 games for that week's magazine?

Unrelated - Odin Sphere number is next week, god I hope it sells well!

OriGin said:
y-koron said:
OriGin said:
Once again thanks y-koron! It is almost like clockwork that you post this the same time every week. How do you get this information? Doesn't Famitsu release on Thursday? It's only 11pm on Wednesday in Japan at the moment is it not?

EnterBrain (publisher of Famitsu) released the charts data about 10~11pm(JST) on wednesday on their site. And almost same time, they send the numbers to some customers buying their data. So, some people leaked them on Internet (Probably, Enterbrain doesn't forbid to use data for not commercial use).

My post is based on it.

Thank you very much!

Do they provide the information about top 10 games for that week's magazine?

Unrelated - Odin Sphere number is next week, god I hope it sells well!

Famitsu (magazine) provide the charts of 2 weeks ago. So, this week Famitsu provides the charts of 4-30/5-6... 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

NJ5 said:
y-koron said:
kber81 said:

@ y-koron

So there is no info about reason of this termination? (out of stock etc..)

It is said that this group concluded that PS3 causes the increses of red figure. And it is said that red figure of shops sell PS3 is bigger than them don't sell PS3...

From this, it is a only rumor.

Finally, they decide to stop selling PS3. But there is something prevents to stop selling only PS3, so
they decide to stop selling also PS2 and PSP.

So if I understood correctly, a shop decided to ditch the PS3 even if it meant that they couldn't sell the PS2 and PSP anymore? :O

frees up more space for the DS

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

9k ps3??? never expect ps3 to drop through the 10k barrier this early. I'm sure a price drop is following soon if this 9k continue for a few more weeks

Thanks for the numbers, as always, y-koron. We appreciate it :)

About that Japanese store Hello Mac, it's kind of a toy/kids store that sells video games. So i'm not suprised it stopped selling PS3 and sony products.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

when are official numbers out?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

According to creamsugar on neogaf: Famitsu hardware 5/7 - 5/13 DSL - 160,009 Wii - 55,724 PSP - 33,438 PS2 - 11,854 PS3 - 8,962 360 - 2,369 I'm guessing there is a lot less shopping post Golden Week, thus causing weak sales across the board. PSP looks to have gotten some sales boost from FFT. Those PS3 numbers are scary low.