By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection leaked via mobile PlayStation store!

Hiku said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Hiku said:

Since these two games happen to be named after the characters, you can't really do that. The point is they had the "Character name collection" part, which is the only part that's "original" in the MCC title.

There's a Chrisptopher Reeve Superman Collection for example.
But let me guess, it's the name of the actor, not the character, and the the character name is in there... but it's also the name of the title, and it's reversed, so it's different!

Give me a break.
Halo: The Master Chief Cllection is not original name. Not by a longshot. They took the idea of "charactername + collection" from someone else and put it in their title, plain and simple.
But now the defsnse is "it doesn't have the name and title in there". What's next? It's missing a "The"?

And let's ignore that both these games are far below the level of Halo, as that is completely irrrelevant.

The fact this discussion is rolling in most foruns proves that there is a general perception that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is the first using this pattern. You can´t expect people to remember about a 10 years old Superman DVD collection.

Sony has its reasons and we can only especulate, MCC is fresh in our memory that is the whole point I called it wierd Sony using a pattern that would be instantaly associated with last year release.

What's fresh in our minds is one thing, but you don't think Sony remember their own titles?

The point is, neither Sony nor Microsoft were first with the this idea, and the structure of the titling doesn't change the fact that it's not an original idea of theirs, and that they all got it from someone else.

What the discussion and rolling going on proves if anything, is lack of knowledge.

They should have named it "Uncharted: The Neil Druckman Director's Edition Collection"... so they would be copying the box with directors name and avoid using the patented name structure MS uses.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

man....this thread certainly went....somewhere

o_O.Q said:
Faelco said:

It's exactly that. Uncharted 4 is supposed to be the end of Nathan's adventures ("A thief's end"), it will be better if the players like the character. And even if I like him, he's not as well known as Lara Croft for example. They have to work on that. 

that has not been confirmed it could mean another character involved inthe story

They have confirmed that this game will bring closure to Nathan Drake's character.

Watch the interview. Druckmann mentions it at the end of it. That's one example. There are a few others such examples in which Naughty Dog mentions that Uncharted 4 will be the last game in the series.

Just like we finished the Master Chief's fight in Halo 3. ;)

Hynad said:
o_O.Q said:

that has not been confirmed it could mean another character involved inthe story

They have confirmed that this is game will bring closure to Nathan Drake's character.

Watch the interview. Druckmann mentions it at the end of it. That's one example. There are a few others such examples in which Naughty Dog mentions that Uncharted 4 will be the last game in the series.

oh my bad i hope not though

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Hynad said:

They have confirmed that this is game will bring closure to Nathan Drake's character.

Well, I'd rather them end the series on a high note than keep on making them forever until everyone is tired of it and the quality isn't what it once was.

That, and I want them to try new things. The Last of Us is one of my favourite games of all time, and that was them trying to tackle something different. I'd be content if they made one shots from now on. If their games retain the high quality they have right now. Trying new things, messing with different emotions, different gameplay concepts, different settings, etc...

They have such high standards and unmatched work ethics, that confining them to a single series would be wasted potential.

ArchangelMadzz said:
true_fan said:
Wow the remaster doesn't even have the multiplayer, according to the youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfRZ1x2nbQ

If true, as I said desperation, this is a lazy port.

It's not surprising, Halo has a major focus on Multiplayer in Uncharted it's more of an after-thought. Not saying it would've been nice some people play it but I always played a game or 2 and never touched it again. 3 Story mode is what everyone praises uncharted for, not super awesome maps or guns or balanced multiplayer. It's well worth the money.

If Masterchief collection didn't have online multiplayer I wouldn't have complained but hey we all know how their multiplayer turned out when they tried that.

comments like this rub me the wrong way because it implies that the multiplayer isn't fleshed out or full featured 

the most fun i've had on my old ps3 or maybe even gaming in general was on uncharted multiplayer both 2 and 3

to this day the games appear to have a thriving online player base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RPz5aSut4

Hynad said:
o_O.Q said:

Well, I'd rather them end the series on a high note, than keep on making them forever until everyone is tired of it and the quality isn't what it once was.

That, and I want them to try new things. The Last of Us is one of my favourite games of all time, and that was them trying to tackle something different. I'd be content if they made one shots from now on. If their games retain the high quality they have right now. Trying new things, messing with different emotions, different gamplay concepts, etc...

They have such high standards and work ethics, that confining them to a single series would be wasted potential.

yeah good point its just i like the gameplay of these games but that savage starlight thing that appears in the last of us looks interesting

maybe they'll tackle that next

Wait, it has NO multiplayer? That would have been the main reason for me to buy this collection. I know single player has always been the more main reason to buy Uncharted but the multiplayer was fucking fun.

Probably won't buy it then.

Figured this would happen, but expected it at E3. Also not surprised at the fan embracement & hater disdain. The announce video even makes the title okay for me. Might end up buying this, since I still feel a bit guilty for buying 2 & 3 used.