By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Black Tusk renamed to The Coalition. will show more at E3. becoming a "gears machine"

Oh...MS should just start naming their studios after the games they make.

MS first party studios:

Halo
Gears
Fable
Forza
Kinect

P.S. I don't think this sounds as good as Black Tusk.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Gears slaves confirmed, dammit MS.

... ugh

btw Black Tusk sounded better

SWORDF1SH said:
kitler53 said:

most sony studios tend to work on 1 ip for a generation or about 3 games and then change.  GG did KZ 1,2,3 and now are onto horizon.  sucker punch did sly 1,2,3 then moved to infamous 1,2,3 and we don't know what they are working on now.  santa monica's new ip failed and that's disappointing but they've never referred to themselves as "a god of war studio",.. frankly they have their hands in just about everything.

polyphony is really the only studio i can think of where you can really say,. "all they do is GT games".

Tourist Trophy says Hello!

Thank you! That game is great. I want bikes in GT7 :D

I never really got what 'Black Tusk' was supposed represent. We knew it was working on a Gears of War Game, seems fine to me.

It does remind me of this Wii game though:

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

MS needs more studios making successful and brilliant high quality AAA IP. But then, so do all three console companies.

For this studio? All that matters is whether they make great Gears games.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
MoHasanie said:
The name sounds bad. Black Tusk was better but Microsoft Vancouver was the best one.

nuu uhh.  black tusk was a cool name. it was a tusk.. and it was black... the color black is cool, tusks are like cool pointy swords coming out of cool animals. so black tusk was cool. MS Vancouver was lame... this new one is also lame... 

Microsoft Vancouver sounds more professional but yeah, Black Tusk was cool. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I admit I like the name Black Tusk Studio better but anyway I can't wait for the Gears reveal at E3

Proud to be a Californian.

Teeqoz said:
Azerth said:

Guerrilla have only ever made Killzone for them, Sucker Punch have done Infamous since the PS3 was born, Polyphony = GT, Sony Santa Monica cancelled their new IP, working on a new God of War 

Sucker Punch did the Sly series on the PS2 though, Guerrila, while they have only worked on KZ til now, are working on a new IP, Sony Santa Monica, while their only fully internally developed IP is God of War, they are basically the colab studio of Sony, as they have co-developed so many projects it's insane. Polyphony though, has indeed only worked on GT.

Polyphony made Tourist Trophy, a motorcycle game for the PS2.

The Coalition does not sound like a studio, more like a fan group or esport team... Black Tusk sounded better.
For the new IP thing, I don't care if they do something new or not (don't have a One and don't plan to get one), but saying "We want to be known as a Gears of War factory" does sound bad.

Faelco said:
The Coalition does not sound like a studio, more like a fan group or esport team... Black Tusk sounded better.
For the new IP thing, I don't care if they do something new or not (don't have a One and don't plan to get one), but saying "We want to be known as a Gears of War factory" does sound bad.

indeed is bad, because it sound like they will stay for the rest of their life only for one IP that is not even yet prove yet for the longevity except the old one which has already prove with another studios worked on it (EPIC Studios ).