By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon is THE reason to get a Wii U!

The_Yoda said:

Someone back me up or tell me I'm wrong ...

The walls do not count toward the total percentage, only the ground.  I tried painting the walls and my score did not seem to increase ... that is the likely reason no one is worried about the walls. Now granted this game is so fast paced I really haven't taken the time to see what all counts toward your score. I believe ramps and the tops of boxes and containers also count toward the percentage / score.

I'll back you up. While inking certain walls can provide you with a tactical advantage, they do not count towards your overall percentage in turf war. It basically only counts the ink you can see from the top down view. There's a reason why the map is seen from that view when counting the score.

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:
The_Yoda said:

The walls do not count toward the total percentage, only the ground.  I tried painting the walls and my score did not seem to increase ... that is the likely reason no one is worried about the walls. Now granted this game is so fast paced I really haven't taken the time to see what all counts toward your score. I believe ramps and the tops of boxes and containers also count toward the percentage / score.

I'll back you up. While inking certain walls can provide you with a tactical advantage, they do not count towards your overall percentage in turf war. It basically only counts the ink you can see from the top down view. There's a reason why the map is seen from that view when counting the score.

Thanks for the correction.  Probably would have taken me a while to have figured that one out on my own (especially without the voice chat :D ).

Illusion said:
jigokutamago said:
The_Yoda said:

Thanks for the correction.  Probably would have taken me a while to have figured that one out on my own (especially without the voice chat :D ).

Not a problem, who knows you may end up on my team sometime and I'd hate to think ill of you being back in the base inking the walls ;)

gigaSheik said:
Sorry. Too kiddy. I mean... yeah... that's it... kiddy as hell. What if its a nice game? Don't really care. The childish visuals put me off big time. Kinda tired of Nintendo kidness.

Gonna have to pull out the C.S. Lewis quote:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

The Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle was my reason to buy this awesome console! However, I really want to get Splatoon! It looks like a blast and hopefully a game I can have fun with instead of getting angry at like all of the other shooter games. Lol

Around the Network

I already have a Wii U but Splatoon wouldn't sell me on the system if I didn't have one.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

I have a pc and a wii u

Man, the unnecessary side jabs at Wii U is well...unnecessary. Why bring up CoD in a Splatoon thread?

Anyway, Splatoon is a great game. It will attract a good number of new customers to Wii U. It's not THE reason to get one, but it is if you want something new from Nintendo. I'm getting tired of the obligatory Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, and 3D Mario team. (Though they are excellent games). I just wanted something new from them and Splatoon fit the bill pretty darn well.

Samus Aran said:
Angelv577 said:

Even though his comment was out of line, there are plenty of games that cant be done on ps3/x360.  If you believe that infamous SS, killzone SF, Ryse, TW3, the order, bloodborne and drive club can be done on ps3/x360, either you have an eye condition or havent see them in action aside from youtube. 

With downgraded graphics and more loading times these games could easily be done on the ps3/xbox360. xenoblade chronicles x has a much bigger world than all those games. None of these games offer anything new in the gameplay department. Some are even huge steps back (The Order and Ryse).

thank you for replying with this as i have been off vgc for a couple days. this is kind of what im talking about. 

the games that angel listed are games that dont take any big leaps forward. they are all games that can be done on 360. the jump from the sixth gen to seventh gen accompanied a bunch of new ways to actually play the game. it actually felt like games were evolving. sadly, the same cant be said for ps3/360 to ps4/x1. maybe that will come 2+ years down the line, but i dont see it changing any time soon.

atomicblue said:
gigaSheik said:
Sorry. Too kiddy. I mean... yeah... that's it... kiddy as hell. What if its a nice game? Don't really care. The childish visuals put me off big time. Kinda tired of Nintendo kidness.

Gonna have to pull out the C.S. Lewis quote:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Still kiddy.