By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon is THE reason to get a Wii U!

Goodnightmoon said:
Moyu said:
The general public doesn't seem to think so

You =/= general public

That´s too much ego.

And I remember you calling Splatoon a bomba no time ago

And something like "So many hopes and high expectations will be crushed by Splatoon's performance."

It didn´t happen.

You talk as if the game sold 3m or something lol

It literally just came out a few days ago, keep your expectations in check

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
Dr.Vita said:

No. Nintendo brought us with Wii U nothing new. Look at PS4 and Xbox One, this is Next Gen!

Note: Before you understand this wrong - Wii U is a good console with awesome games, no doubt. But I am missing features like recording gameplay or a trophy (or something else) system on Wii U. Wii U feels exactly like Wii imo. To answer the op - Spatoon is not THE REASON to buy a Wii U, but it is a good exclusive game.

lol what is so next gen about ps4 and x1? really, that makes me laugh. there isnt a single game on those systems that i can think of that cant be done on ps3 or 360.

Even though his comment was out of line, there are plenty of games that cant be done on ps3/x360.  If you believe that infamous SS, killzone SF, Ryse, TW3, the order, bloodborne and drive club can be done on ps3/x360, either you have an eye condition or havent see them in action aside from youtube. 

Angelv577 said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

lol what is so next gen about ps4 and x1? really, that makes me laugh. there isnt a single game on those systems that i can think of that cant be done on ps3 or 360.

Even though his comment was out of line, there are plenty of games that cant be done on ps3/x360.  If you believe that infamous SS, killzone SF, Ryse, TW3, the order, bloodborne and drive club can be done on ps3/x360, either you have an eye condition or havent see them in action aside from youtube. 

With downgraded graphics and more loading times these games could easily be done on the ps3/xbox360. xenoblade chronicles x has a much bigger world than all those games. None of these games offer anything new in the gameplay department. Some are even huge steps back (The Order and Ryse).

Samus Aran said:
Angelv577 said:

With downgraded graphics and more loading times these games could easily be done on the ps3/xbox360. xenoblade chronicles x has a much bigger world than all those games. None of these games offer anything new in the gameplay department. Some are even huge steps back (The Order and Ryse).

Well everything can be done with downgraded graphics.  XC has bigger world but sacrifice a lot in other areas including character models.  

Reasons (for me):
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
NES Remix Pack
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Wii Sports Club
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Splatoon
Game & Wario
Wii Party U

In fact I plan on getting a Wii U this weekend (although I do not know which games I will get).

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Reasons (for me):
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
NES Remix Pack
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Party 10
Wii Sports Club
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Splatoon
Game & Wario
Wii Party U

In fact I plan on getting a Wii U this weekend (although I do not know which games I will get).

Pick up Smash Bros.  It is the game with the most content.

Also, I strongly recommend Bayonetta 2 over Hyrule Warriors if you want a hack n slash title.  Hyrule Warriors gets very boring and repetitive when you start to grind for money while Bayoneta 2 has a cool online mode.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'm actually impressed by how much the library has grown, all things considered. I think I should buy a wii U as well... Dat splatoon!

amp316 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Reasons (for me):
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
NES Remix Pack
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Party 10
Wii Sports Club
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Splatoon
Game & Wario
Wii Party U

Pick up Smash Bros.  It is the game with the most content.

Also, I strongly recommend Bayonetta 2 over Hyrule Warriors if you want a hack n slash title.  Hyrule Warriors gets very boring and repetitive when you start to grind for money while Bayoneta 2 has a cool online mode.

Thank you for the recommendation! I got both Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2!

VGPolyglot said:
Thank you for the recommendation! I got both Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2!

You won't be disappointed. They're two of the highest rated games of the generation for a reason.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Illusion said:

Coming from a person who is terrible at shooters, I love Splatoon.

When I'm on a roll in a Turf War match I can rack up my kill count on the front lines, but when I start getting owned I have the option to fall back and focus on painting my team's part of the map. Depending on how badly I am playing, I can paint areas closer to my base away from the shooting and still make a real contribution to my team. Using the splattershot I can paint walls that almost always get missed by my team-mates using the rollers (I am surprised how many unpainted walls there are right next to the re-spawn point, as this is literally free territory).

I know this is a small gripe for most of the people on this forum as you are the hardcore, but for someone like myself who takes 25 hours to finish a game that takes other people 15 it's really nice to be able to play a game that is this approachable for people of all skill levels. Even Mario Kart 8's online modes are not this approachable to new players. Who ever thought Nintendo could take a genre known for being highly skill-based and make a game that not only welcomes but thrives off of players with varying skill levels.

Someone back me up or tell me I'm wrong ...

The walls do not count toward the total percentage, only the ground.  I tried painting the walls and my score did not seem to increase ... that is the likely reason no one is worried about the walls. Now granted this game is so fast paced I really haven't taken the time to see what all counts toward your score. I believe ramps and the tops of boxes and containers also count toward the percentage / score.