By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon DLC Incoming Today!!!

Looks like ranked matches, a new map, and a new weapon will all be added today at 7 PM PT. Pretty sick!!! The mode is Splat Zones, the new weapon is based off of the NES Zapper, and the new map is called Port Mackerel.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/01/splatoon-gets-new-mode-map-and-nes-zapper

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

Nice!

Can't wait to try it out.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Holy shit! Already a new map and a new weapon? That was fast!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So this pretty much confirms that content was deliberately withheld and not Splatoon being rushed to the markets.

Anyway, I'm excited for the new stage

Today? That's about two hours from now...not bad! Hopefully content will roll out like this over the coming months, but it does lend stock to the thought that content was held back to artificially extend the life.

That's not important right now though, looking forward to playing ranked matches tonight for sure!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

So many complains, and the new content is coming... 4 days after the release. LOL

Funny because IGN not even counted Ranked Battles on the review for not being day one, and here you have, a stupid, useless and outdated review 4 days later.

nice!

pissed that I haven't been able to play online because of my stupid router!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

So they're not giving us Camp Triggerfish first despite it being among the original 6 revealed maps... fak you Nintendo!

Conegamer said:
Today? That's about two hours from now...not bad!

Whut? 7pm PT = 10pm ET = 3am BT, unless I read that wrong.

Goodnightmoon said:
So many complains, and the new content is coming... 4 days after the release. LOL

Funny because IGN not even counted Ranked Battles on the review for not being day one, and here you have, a stupid, useless and outdated review 4 days later.

One could easily flip that argument around to; if it took only 4 days, why wasn't it available from the beginning?

Einsam_Delphin said:

So they're not giving us Camp Triggerfish first despite it being among the original 6 revealed maps... fak you Nintendo!

Conegamer said:
Today? That's about two hours from now...not bad!

Whut? 7pm PT = 10pm ET = 3am BT, unless I read that wrong.

It said in the OP that it was at 7 so I assumed 7AM. I also got the time wrong on top of that though, so yeah. It's 11 hours away :-p

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.