By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I signed up to the Sea of Thieves insider i'm interested to see exactly what the game is about other that just having pirates in it :)

I get the vibe that it will be somewhat like a Ark or Day Z etc where you join a game world and build/fight and do what every you want, If it is something along them lines it could be hit or miss on whether it takes of an gets that big cult following or not.

What's everyone else think?

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

I bought to many games along with an already massive backlog I don't know what to play! So i'm just sat here playing Rocket League and looking at my game library between games... This could go on for days... hah

Well, since I redirected you to The Evil Within, you should go and play that one. It shouldn't take longer than 20 hours to beat; my first playthrough were 14 hours.

Wright said:
WoodenPints said:

I bought to many games along with an already massive backlog I don't know what to play! So i'm just sat here playing Rocket League and looking at my game library between games... This could go on for days... hah

Well, since I redirected you to The Evil Within, you should go and play that one. It shouldn't take longer than 20 hours to beat; my first playthrough were 14 hours.

Crap 2nd Class devlivery from GAME so it ain't arrived yet :(

WoodenPints said:
Wright said:

Here's appetite-inducing gifs in the meanwhile, then

Wright said:
WoodenPints said:

Here's appetite-inducing gifs in the meanwhile, then

snip*

Looks nice! To be honest 2014 was a dark period for me with video games on console/singleplayer wise so I'm still catching up with a lot of games from then as I Got a PS4 Day One loved it for 2-3 months then it gathered dust through the entire 2014 as I spent a year playing nothing but DOTA2 and Path of Exile on PC and didn't really get back into singleplayer stuff until I got a Xbox One early 2015 so I'm still working my way through a lot of what I missed through that year

Still got Dark Souls II before I can even touch III :), Dragon Age Inquisiton, Wolfenstein The New Order and Borderlands Pre-sequel to play and finished up Sunset Overdrive, Shadow of Mordor, Titanfall and currently working through Forza Horizon 2. Probably a few more I need to play but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Around the Network

@poll
Sunset Overdrive > D4 > Crimson Dragon

Sunset overdrive please.

Quantum Break hands down!

I'd also like to see D4 sequel but I guess it won't happen now. Sunset Overdrive was brilliant and Ryse was a decent game but neither of those games necessarily need a sequel imo.

shikamaru317 said:

As for the new poll, my most wanted sequels in order are:

1. Crimson Dragon- Please MS, fund Futatsugi's planned JRPG sequel to Crimson Dragon, or at the very least a lower budget rail shooter sequel.

2. D4- Shame this is seeming more and more unlikely now that Swery has been forced to retire by Access, the only hope now is if Swery decides to acquire the D4 IP from Access and kickstarts a sequel.

3. ReCore- Huge potential for a great series here imo. Increase the budget, switch to Unreal 4, make the game longer (but not with repetitive grinding content), design multiple terraformed environments for each zone for some visual variety, refine the gameplay a bit, and you will have an excellent sequel.

4. Sunset Overdrive- This definitely needs a sequel, Fizzy demands it. Fortunately Insomniac is open to the idea of making a sequel, so MS just needs to fund it. Probably the 2nd most likely sequel on this poll after Ori.

5. Quantum Break- Another badly needed sequel. There are so many unanswered questions, so many loose plot threads. Unfortunately a sequel seems pretty unlikely, Remedy doesn't seem interested and their next 2 games are already mapped out with a different publisher, so even if they did decide to make a sequel it probably wouldn't release before 2020. However, there is always the hope of MS finding a new studio to develop a sequel, since they own the IP.

6. Ori- I enjoyed Ori but it didn't really blow me away as much as it did some people. It is the most likely sequel here though, considering the success of the game. In fact, a sequel already leaked, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and the name sounds plausible to me so it could be legit.

7. Ryse- The only game on this list I've never played. The roman setting never impressed me and when I saw the reviews I decided to skip it. However, I do see potential for a good series. If Crytek were to go for an Assassin's Creed like approach with a different historical setting each game I'd be interested. Sadly a sequel doesn't seem likely, even though MS wanted a sequel, Crytek wasn't happy with Ryse's sales. MS attempted to acquire the IP from Crytek and Crytek refused to sell it. Since then Crytek hs reorganized their company around F2P games and VR games, so a sequel is seeming more and more unlikely unless it's an exclusive for Microsoft's upcoming Scorpio VR project.

Screamride I simply don't want a sequel to. It was a mediocre roller coaster game at best. Frontier's new coaster game, Planet Coaster, seems infinitely better, I'd rather they do an XB1 port of it instead.

Even though I think you might be mistaken on Recore, I agree Crimson Dragoon was the game with humongous potential that we threw aside for no good reason. 

Then again, as things are, it might have actually happened and we didn't realize. After all, Scalebound has ridable dragons... 

Mine is Crimson Dragoon>Ori>Sunset>Ryse... 

Access owns D4.
Microsoft just needs to kickstart Arcade program, that so much made X360 library diverse and fun, in non-Western parts of the world.
In the West indie devs hated Arcade because it inhibit them from truly being indie. However, in other parts of the world, devs just want a chance or a shot from big publishers to prove their worth.