By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Asher
Feb 03, 2016
An Alan Wake remaster for Xbox One might be coming with Quantum Break. According to a user on Reddit, Microsoft recently asked some interesting questions in a survey. DrGreenThumb_NZ wrote: 

"Microsoft sent an Xbox Live survey to gamers, asking if they would be interested in playing a remastered version of Alan Wake on the Xbox One. Specifically, the survey asks players if they would be willing to purchase the rerelease for Xbox One, and if they would recommend it to friends. The survey also questions whether or not a remastered version of Alan Wake would entice players to preorder a copy of Quantum Break, an upcoming third-person shooter Xbox One exclusive."

Usually these surveys hint at upcoming plans and are usually accurate. As with any such post, take this with a grain of salt until we have some confirmation from other users. We've reached out to Microsoft for comment but will probably get the usual "We don't comment on rumors or speculation" response. 

Source: Reddit

Holy shit for a while I was thinking that Alan Wake should get a remaster for the Xbox One that should come with Quantum Break or possible a limited edition X1 console for QB which I dubbed as the "Monarch Solutions" Xbox One. But here is another thing I am thinking: what if Alan Wake isn't just remastered what if it gets the Halo 2: Anniversary and/or Gears Ultimate Edition treatment and they announced that during the Xbox/windows event. That's going to blow my mind :-0

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:

Holy shit for a while I was thinking that Alan Wake should get a remaster for the Xbox One that should come with Quantum Break or possible a limited edition X1 console for QB which I dubbed as the "Monarch Solutions" Xbox One. But here is another thing I am thinking: what if Alan Wake isn't just remastered what if it gets the Halo 2: Anniversary and/or Gears Ultimate Edition treatment and they announced that during the Xbox/windows event. That's going to blow my mind :-0

They should do that and also include an American Nightmare remaster to give it more value, it would make senese especially if MS is going to publish Alan Wake 2 for the XB1 it would give more exposure to the IP.

EspadaGrim said:
Jazz2K said:
This looks like a 2016 trailer but they still put Scalebound in it.

Also does it mean MS has marketing rights to Mirror's Edge 2... hope they grab Mass Effect as well.

I noticed that hopefully they have the rights to both games, They also absolutley need to lock down BF5 and TF2 if they release this year.

Yes marketing rights to Titanfall 2 should be a no brainer for them. A new TF2 bundle would do wonders I believe. The first one worked really well.

shikamaru317 said:
Jazz2K said:
This looks like a 2016 trailer but they still put Scalebound in it.

Also does it mean MS has marketing rights to Mirror's Edge 2... hope they grab Mass Effect as well.

This is the 2nd time Mirror's Edge marketing was hinted at by MS. Last time it was in an Xbox picture beside Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Mass Effect Andromeda as well, which suggests they also have marketing for them. 

Deus Ex as well? This would be a huge year for MS if true. More bundles the better. They seem to have a nice relationship with EA and SquareEnix. Sad they can't get anything out of the other japanese companies.

Jazz2K said:

Deus Ex as well? This would be a huge year for MS if true. More bundles the better. They seem to have a nice relationship with EA and SquareEnix. Sad they can't get anything out of the other japanese companies.

Except for the fact that Squenix is giving the PS4 some free AAA RPGS and nothing for the XB1 except for FF15 and KH3 it makes no sense IMO, i frankly don't care if they even release the game in Japan for XB1 but at least give those games a western digital release.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Jazz2K said:

Except for the fact that Squenix is giving the PS4 some free AAA RPGS and nothing for the XB1 except for FF15 and KH3 it makes no sense IMO, i frankly don't care if they even release the game in Japan for XB1 but at least give those games a western digial release.

Yes I agree... it's like the western division of SquareEnix and the Japanese division are totally different. 

Versus_Evil said:
If QB comes with a b/c code for it, ill give mine away in here.

Also, i still have that Fallout 3 code for whoever wants it.

I have a friend that would want it, I'll tell him about it tomorow. If you still have it

Jazz2K said:
shikamaru317 said:

This is the 2nd time Mirror's Edge marketing was hinted at by MS. Last time it was in an Xbox picture beside Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Mass Effect Andromeda as well, which suggests they also have marketing for them. 

I think Microsoft should let one of those companies be like the publisher of the next Xbox console and first party games. Like what some of the western publshers do with their big franchises.

Personally I don't really give a damn about those third party publish deals. I feel like companies tend to do it more often when they have no major games releasing in that period also wished that money went into making more games. As a multiplatform owner it doesn't benefit me :s.

Versus_Evil said:
If QB comes with a b/c code for it, ill give mine away in here.

Also, i still have that Fallout 3 code for whoever wants it.

Dude bro plz It would be wicked if you could hook me up with some fallout. Dat code would be wicked.