By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AsGryffynn said:
DeusXmachina said:
Jazz2K said:
Guys, how is Recore coming to PC a bad news?!? Seriously!!!

Are games better when they are device exclusive? Would they score a 100% on Metacritics?!? Don't fall for that idiot trap. This exclusive or nothing is a cancer on these forums.

Scalebound, well sucks for those who expected to play the game this year, but a delay is better than a buggy/unfinished game.

Exactly. A game coming to PC means more sales and that a good thing. If games like Lost Odyssey were also on PC maybe we would've gotten a sequel by now.

It wasn't bad sales. Mistwalker killed the IP themselves when they joined the zombie ranks of mobile...

No it was bad sales.   

Normally cry on was being made but they gave up after the sales of LO and Blue dragon

Around the Network

I thought January 29th was the PC date but True Achievments says it arrives for Xbox on 29th so not sure.

GamechaserBE said:
AsGryffynn said:

It wasn't bad sales. Mistwalker killed the IP themselves when they joined the zombie ranks of mobile...

No it was bad sales.   

Normally cry on was being made but they gave up after the sales of LO and Blue dragon

It's nonsensical. They might as well have ported the game to PC or other platforms or asked MS to fund them if they wanted them, rather than announcing their intention to abandon consoles altogether... something else had to play to it...

GamechaserBE said:

No it was bad sales.   

That image hurts my soul! That game had so much potential...

Well kind of what Shikamaru said. MS simply had to buy Mistwalker/Sakaguchi.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
AsGryffynn said:

It's nonsensical. They might as well have ported the game to PC or other platforms or asked MS to fund them if they wanted them, rather than announcing their intention to abandon consoles altogether... something else had to play to it...

Here's what I've gathered on the situation: While Cry On was in development, Peter Moore left MS because he wanted to be closer to his family in California and couldn't do his duties as head of Xbox from California. Peter Moore was the main driving force behind Microsoft's push into Japan in the early-mid part of the 7th generation. When Don Mattrick took over as head of Xbox after Peter left, he started phasing out that push into Japan (which is why there were no new Japanese exclusive deals made after Peter left afaik). Some of those deals that Peter made before he left saw the light of day, Lost Odyssey, The Last Remnant, Star Ocean IV, Tales of Vesperia, Mattrick didn't cancel funding for them, but I hear that he did cancel funding for Cry On because it wasn't as far along in development as the other 4 games were.

So, left with the option of funding a fairly ambitious game themselves, and then releasing it on a console where their last 2 games didn't sell that well, Mistwalker decided to cancel it. Sure they could have moved it to another platform like you say, but from what I hear Cry On was too ambitious technologically to run on Wii, and Sakaguchi doesn't like Sony, so that ruled out porting it to PS3 or Wii.  They could have ported it to PC and done a shared 360/PC release (which is what I think they should have done), but I guess they decided against a PC release since PC gaming isn't all that popular in Japan. So they cancelled Cry On and partnered with Nintendo to make the Last Story for Wii. And so the rather amazing looking Cry On is now lost to the sands of time sadly.

Thanks Shikamaru. You are a living repertoire of Xbox knowledge!

So it seems I was right, Don Mattrick was the problem all this time... at least Phil is better, even if he isn't Moore...

GamechaserBE said:
Well kind of what Shikamaru said. MS simply had to buy Mistwalker/Sakaguchi.

I'd advise against it... Mistwalker is an storyboard studio. They create the world, characters, story and setting but not the game. Development is, more often than not, outsourced to Cavia or Marvelous AQL (and in turn, outsourced to Tamsoft) so buying them is not a good bet. Microsoft buying Valhalla (Itagaki's new studio), Marvelous AQL and Game Arts seems like a better idea...

Feelplus is the studio that developed lost odyssey , they at one time was working on a big budget RPG and I believe it was going to be lost odyssey 2. I never heard anymore about it, the rumor was I think 3 years ago
I want more lost odyssey and I would buy a few copies to help out , if they ever made it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Jazz2K said:
Wow you guys are achivement monsters, I sit on top of my 4000GS. At the sametime I rarely look for achievements (yes I'm always surprised when I get one) and don't always finish games I start.

Right where i am except I'm 50k. Been on Xbox live for 10+ years. 

I was ~38,000 at the beginning of 2015 and I got more than 22,000 last year. I'm ~60,000 right now and planning for something like 15,000-20,000 this year.

shikamaru317 said:

Is Cobalt the game made by Mojang that has been in alpha/beta for like 5 years? I remember playing it 3-4 years ago but not sure if we are talking about the same game