By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hudsoniscool said:
i feel like ms higher ups have nipped the Xbox divisions budget and told them profit at all costs. They don't seam to care about marketshare(no price cut) and they hav a much smaller marketing budget than last gen. For instance only sean a handful of halo 5 commercials but I've seen 5x as much for destiny(1 year old game) in the last 6 weeks or so. Sad really.
Anyway halo 5 is sitting at #1 on Amazon. That's the first time I believe.

Halo has been advertised to oblivion and back. Movie theaters, ESPN, Youtube, London buildings, NY buildings, not even COD gets this exposure.

Around the Network

Assassins creed Syndicate sitting at 78 on Metacritic right now. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/assassins-creed-syndicate Don't see any complaints on bugs and glitches yet.

Xbox 360 games on Rare Replay still works fine and we didn't have to wait for this update to play them. Same thing can happen with Fallout 3 if we still don't have the update by then. I don't see it a problem really.

Goatseye said:
hudsoniscool said:
i feel like ms higher ups have nipped the Xbox divisions budget and told them profit at all costs. They don't seam to care about marketshare(no price cut) and they hav a much smaller marketing budget than last gen. For instance only sean a handful of halo 5 commercials but I've seen 5x as much for destiny(1 year old game) in the last 6 weeks or so. Sad really.
Anyway halo 5 is sitting at #1 on Amazon. That's the first time I believe.

Halo has been advertised to oblivion and back. Movie theaters, ESPN, Youtube, London buildings, NY buildings, not even COD gets this exposure.

Idk, I feel like around release I would see 3-4 commercials an hour for call of duty and destiny, but for 5 ive seen only 5-6 commercials in the last 50 hrs of watching tv.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

View on YouTube

Around the Network

Xbox Elite controller is getting really good, positive reviews. Even with its very high price, every review I read said it worth it. And it seems that it sold well. Almost all the initial shipment already preordered. If you plan to get one day one and you still didn't preorder, I read that you'll have a really hard time finding one.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Xbox Elite controller is getting really good, positive reviews. Even with its very high price, every review I read said it worth it. And it seems that it sold well. Almost all the initial shipment already preordered. If you plan to get one day one and you still didn't preorder, I read that you'll have a really hard time finding one.

Yeah, it even sold out on Amazon.com. It's funny because they say it was too expensive yet here it is already sold out in most places :)

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

Yeah, it even sold out on Amazon.com. It's funny because they say it was too expensive yet here it is already sold out in most places :)

Never gauge anything off of forums.

Next week will be the same week last year when they announced the Xbox One price drop to $349. Does anyone think that there will be a drop to $299 announced?

shikamaru317 said:
AllThosePixels said:
Next week will be the same week last year when they announced the Xbox One price drop to $349. Does anyone think that there will be a drop to $299 announced?

I really hope so, but I've got a bad feeling that they don't plan to drop this Holiday.

Of course there's pros and cons if they go either way. If they drop the price, they have higher holiday sales, but then sales will only be more front-loaded, and they'll lose money. If they don't drop the price then it will sell less, but they will make a lot more money and gives them more opportunity to drop the price later in the generation. We'll see.