By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
crissindahouse said:
Sony officially announced a $50 drop in North America. Funny how Spencer got a shitstorm against him when he said this will happen few weeks ago.

This is the only thread I read on the chertz, so most people here didn't expect a US price cut? That's weird.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
crissindahouse said:
Sony officially announced a $50 drop in North America. Funny how Spencer got a shitstorm against him when he said this will happen few weeks ago.

This is the only thread I read on the chertz, so most people here didn't expect a US price cut? That's weird.

Now everyone is obviously like "I knew it" in the threads about the drop but some weeks ago there was a lot of "Spencer that *insert insult* only wants people not to buy a PS4 blablub" and "He doesn't know anything blibblab" 

The devs behind ReCore announced a new game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOZ1vrHTm9w

It'll be releasing on PC in early 2016.

shikamaru317 said:

New Quantum Break gameplay from the conference Microsoft had at the Brazian Game Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMgZzsYQmPU&t=43m00s

How about that, Thomas Puha on stage. He used to host this gaming show on independent tv-channel in Finland like, 15 years ago or something. Loved the show and he seems like a great guy.

Oh and that gameplay clip was nice too...

...nice?!? Seriously, looks like the most impressive game I've ever seen. Can they really make it look like that and run smoothly on X1? It's going to be a long long wait through winter that's cold enough to kill you.

Battlefield Hardline Coming to EA Access on October 14th

Visceral Games’ cops ‘n robbers shooter Battlefield Hardline is being added to the EA Access Vault next week, EA has confirmed.

The publisher had previously said that Hardline was coming in October. Now we have a proper date. It’ll be available to play via The Vault from October 14th.

We quite enjoyed Battlefield Hardline. In his review Editor Dan called it a “damn fine alternative” to the core Battlefield series. It’s fun! If you haven’t, you should give it a bash.

An EA Access membership costs from £3.99/$5 per month, offering subscribers access to a Vault of free games, as well as discounts and early access to new releases. It’s only available on Xbox One. You can sign up through here.

Around the Network

also there's a new F2P game that released today.
It's supposed to be not very good though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPp1F-Utd4

shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, remember when I said I hoped Halo 5 progression wouldn't be too slow? It's very slow

When you get started in Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer, we want to make sure you have a good amount of REQ content to experiment with right out of the gate. When you first launch the game, you’ll receive a starting REQ bundle that includes 54 REQ cards, as well as 7500 REQ Points (RPs). These points can be redeemed immediately for additional REQ Packs (7500RP will get you either six Bronze packs, or a combination of one Silver pack and two Bronze packs). From there, you’ll continue to earn REQ Packs simply by playing the game.

As a general guideline, we expect players to earn on average 2000RP for a game of Warzone, and just under 1000RP for a game of Arena.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-building-your-req-collection-part-2

Gold packs cost 10,000 Req points, average is 1,000 per arena match so it's 10 games per Gold pack. With 1,000 possible unlocks and 2 unlocks per Gold pack, it'll take 5,000 arena matches or 2,500 warzone matches to unlock everything. Just for reference, I put 88 hours into Halo: 4 MP and played 694 matches, 65 hours into Halo:Reach MP and played 456 matches, and 26 hours into Halo:MCC MP and played about 220 matches. That's a combined 179 hours and 1,370 matches between those 3 Halo games, less than half of what it'll take to unlock everything in Halo 5's base game. And they plan to add even more unlocks as DLC. 343 really needs to adjust the points per game, when it's that slow it's just discouraging imo.

I played 3229 mp games of Halo 4 and 3407 mp games of Halo Reach with 21 days in each game. You just didn't play a lot.

I'll probably play more in Halo 5.

Whoa 5000 matches to unlock everything sounds much. Is there achievement for it? Well it's not as ridiculous as Gears of War 3 seriously 3.0 cheevo but still alot.

I'm still on the fence about Halo5. I did not really like MCC or Halo3 when I played it on 360 but Halo5 does look phenomenal.. Most importantly I like they've added running, I found previous games lack dynamics without it.

shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, remember when I said I hoped Halo 5 progression wouldn't be too slow? It's very slow

When you get started in Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer, we want to make sure you have a good amount of REQ content to experiment with right out of the gate. When you first launch the game, you’ll receive a starting REQ bundle that includes 54 REQ cards, as well as 7500 REQ Points (RPs). These points can be redeemed immediately for additional REQ Packs (7500RP will get you either six Bronze packs, or a combination of one Silver pack and two Bronze packs). From there, you’ll continue to earn REQ Packs simply by playing the game.

As a general guideline, we expect players to earn on average 2000RP for a game of Warzone, and just under 1000RP for a game of Arena.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-building-your-req-collection-part-2

Gold packs cost 10,000 Req points, average is 1,000 per arena match so it's 10 games per Gold pack. With 1,000 possible unlocks and 2 unlocks per Gold pack, it'll take 5,000 arena matches or 2,500 warzone matches to unlock everything. Just for reference, I put 88 hours into Halo: 4 MP and played 694 matches, 65 hours into Halo:Reach MP and played 456 matches, and 26 hours into Halo:MCC MP and played about 220 matches. That's a combined 179 hours and 1,370 matches between those 3 Halo games, less than half of what it'll take to unlock everything in Halo 5's base game. And they plan to add even more unlocks as DLC. 343 really needs to adjust the points per game, when it's that slow it's just discouraging imo.

You've got the wrong I idea. 2 PERMANENT unlocks per Gold (and Silver) pack, and in total there are 1000+ REQ Cards, which do include permanent unclocks but also non-permanent ones for Warzone (edit: and maybe boosts and other stuff I don't know of).

We've got 175 armor sets, 175 helmets, 53 visors, 218 emblems and let's say 20 (?) weapon skins (in total 641). Let's say from the start we already have 50 embelms, 1 armor set, 1 helmet and 1 visor unlocked (so we already have 53 out of 641 unlocked) PLUS the starting REQ Bundle which gives you 54 REQ cards and 7500RP.