By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

So if Feargus comes back to directing, since he technically isn't CEO anymore, we'll have these directors...

Leonard Boyarsky & Tim Cain - The Outer Worlds.
Feargus Urquhart - ????
Adam Brennecke - Grounded.
Chris Parker - ARPG (Rumoured Pillars x Skyrim).

Am I missing anyone? Josh Sawyer was also a director but he's taking a break from directing, apparently Pillars of Eternity II was really stressful for him, if he returns we'll have 5 directors in Obsidian.

They are incredibly stacked on talent, I imagine that the Outer Worlds team will stay together for a sequel so that would be two teams working on AA-AAA while the rest work on smaller projects.

Around the Network

Is Crossfire X now a full exclusive? If so that would be pretty big.
Also happy to see Edge of Eternity news I’ve been waiting for that game for a long time.

I want Fallen Order to be added to Game Pass NOW :P Would have made it an easier choice for me.

Halo Infinite in Nov 2020? You mean a launch title? That's I think the most obvious. I kindly expect some good Halo Infinite hype at E3 next year.

shikamaru317 said:
Sucks that Obsidian doesn't plan to expand. The Outer Worlds 2 would be so much better if it was properly AAA.

They can always expand in the future since Klobrille mentioned that one of the clauses when MS bought them was that they would be allowed to expand past 200.

OTBWY said:
I want Fallen Order to be added to Game Pass NOW :P Would have made it an easier choice for me.

Halo Infinite in Nov 2020? You mean a launch title? That's I think the most obvious. I kindly expect some good Halo Infinite hype at E3 next year.

Yeah don't expect games from EA coming to Game Pass.

On another note, it's a pretty shitty move from them to not release a trial for the game on EA Access.

Around the Network

Well, at least I'm happy AoE is getting the attention it deserves.

shikamaru317 said:

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order reviews are coming in. They’re great on PC, 91 meta so far. Sadly console is a good bit lower at 84 on PS4 and 86 on Xbox so far. Seems there are technical issues on console including frame rate drops and camera issues.

Just been watching the Digital Foundry tech review. Framerate on the X is supposed to be very solid. Locked 30 FPS for the vast majority of the game in quality mode with only some 1 or 2 frame drops in specific battles/locations. Performance mode isn't that great though, jumps often between 40 and 55 FPS. Quality is the way to go.

Didn't know this was an UE4 game. Expected Frostbite like all the other EA (especially EA Star Wars) games.

Last edited by Barozi - on 16 November 2019

Predict XGS's 2020 Lineup!

Jan - Wasteland Remastered
Feb - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
March - Bleeding Edge
April. - Minecraft Dungeons, Gears Tactics
May - Wasteland 3.
June - Grounded, Tell me Why Chapter 1
July -  Physchonauts 2, Tell me Why Chapter 2
August - Battletoads, Tell me Why Chapter 3
September - Age of Empire III DE
October -
November - Halo Infinite, Flight Simulator, Forza Motorsport 8

Bolded: Confirmed.

Only unannounced game I put in isForza Motorsport, I know some people think it's not going to happen but it serves as a solid launch game and hardware demo and the knock on effect of missing 2020 for Motorsport and Horizon both ending up at 4 years would be a pretty big gap after 3 years development and likely increased staff I believe it will be there for Scarlett launch leaving a massive Horizon Japan game for 2021 when the first real holiday season arrives.

I do also think Flight Simulator will drop on/around Scarlett launch despite it been PC focused at the moment, maybe a potential PC soft launch into more of an early access mid-late summer followed by an official launch and Scarlett been added in holiday 2020.

Bolded: Confirmed.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 16 November 2019

Is Ori really confirmed for February? I feel like this game's been announced for ages and is constantly being pushed further and further out. Sure would love to get my hands on it some time soon.

If you are a fan of RPGs and haven't played Kingdom Come: Deliverance, you're like a guitarist who's never heard of Jimi Hendrix.

What a great game this is today. There's a reason why it's so popular and selling well despite awful, buggy launch. Highly recommend!