By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:
jason1637 said:
Greedfall looks like a bioware game but with a lower budget.

The studio making it Spyders would be a great target for MS to buy, they are a small studio under 100 devs punching above their weight.

I was saying this years ago as well but now it's impossible as they have already been purchased by another publisher.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-r-hBnCp4

That trailer was amazing! Can't wait to play this.

WoodenPints said:
EspadaGrim said:

The studio making it Spyders would be a great target for MS to buy, they are a small studio under 100 devs punching above their weight.

I was saying this years ago as well but now it's impossible as they have already been purchased by another publisher.

Wow I did not realize that they got bought this summer, I hope that it leads to good things for them.

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

Rare Replay.

Would have said MCC as that was rumoured but 343i are struggling to get MCC (With Reach) working on Xbox One as they've reached max memory, can't imagine what they'd have to do for Switch, seems counter productive to add Switch onto development just yet, unless they just port Halo 1-4 Originals.

Tell em to give us Astral Chain, Bayo 2&3 and No More Heroes 3.

yeah I hate this one-sided affair. Sure MS earns money, but we Xbox gamers get absolutely nothing in return. At least nothing visible.

Barozi said:
EspadaGrim said:

Tell em to give us Astral Chain, Bayo 2&3 and No More Heroes 3.

yeah I hate this one-sided affair. Sure MS earns money, but we Xbox gamers get absolutely nothing in return. At least nothing visible.

This probably wasn't a move for Xbox gamers but for the studio.  Moon isn't first or even 2nd party to MS.  MS allowing the game on PC and Switch increases the return for the studio and who knows keeps relationships high and keep the studio making top notch games for MS.  Maybe with this good will, they might even decide to come over to the dark side.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Barozi said:

This probably wasn't a move for Xbox gamers but for the studio.  Moon isn't first or even 2nd party to MS.  MS allowing the game on PC and Switch increases the return for the studio and who knows keeps relationships high and keep the studio making top notch games for MS.  Maybe with this good will, they might even decide to come over to the dark side.

We know Moon is also working on a new IP for after Ori and have been for a while now, Ori on Switch could of been a deal sweetener to keep them producing for Xbox and I'd take that :D They don't want to sell to MS and have apparently already turned down an offer and been vocal about staying as they are but I hope they can keep them producing quality games like Ori going forward.

Ryuu96 said:

Sony just reminded me of something I said before, I really wish Microsoft would announce their acquisitions randomly like Sony does, I hate knowing but having to wait until X0 or E3...I'm expecting they'll announce 1-2 studios at X019 and then a couple more next E3 to kick off next gen but man, the wait is annoying, Lol. Just announce them when they're ready.

They're also going to create an expectation which will bite them in the ass later of people expecting studio acquisitions every E3/X0, so far they've only announced at E3 2018, X018 and E3 2019 and now they're going to announce at X019 again.

I don't think it will come to bite them later. Now they can build hype for new studios acquisitions for their events and later when they slow down or stop buying studios they can build hype around new games coming from their newly acquired studios.

Nautilus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Moon Studios just confirmed that it is 1080p 60 fps in docked mode and 720p 60 fps in undocked mode.

Man, I dont mean to be controversial by sying this, but MS is really walking the path to become a third party developer.

As someone who uses Xbox as the main platform, I totally dislike Microsoft's current direction. But IMO porting the 4-5 years old game to Switch is not really a big deal to be honest. Microsoft gained everything they could from this games in terms of pushing Xbox consoles, so getting some more money by selling it on Switch would only benefit them at this point. It also can give some more brand awareness among Switch users prior to next-gen launch that can be used in Microsoft's favor. 

Actually, bringing Halo MCC and Gears 5 to Steam is way way worse thing for Xbox than porting Ori to Switch considering it's the biggest flagship franchises which will now exist completely outside of Xbox ecosystem for the most part I guess. As it is quite possible that Steam sales would be over 50% of total sales. 

I believe that the reason why they do that is that they are really going all-in with xCloud. Doesn't matter what they say in interviews about how they see it just being an option and other stuff. They really are banking on streaming being the future of gaming and replacing consoles at some point. Most likely that they see next-gen as the last before streaming taking over.

In terms of Xbox hardware, I've seen an argument for quite some time that Microsoft wants to make a transition of Xbox hardware to something similar to their Surface products line - just being an option to get Microsoft services and games on this box but not making it a mandatory device to access these services and games. And that it would work well for Microsoft. But there is one big issue with this and why this won't work. Surface is just another Windows laptop like HP, Acer, ASUS etc. are making. Microsoft can afford to sell Surface and Surface doesn't have any problem as long as it uses Windows - OS with 800m+ users. No matter how bad Surface sales are, these laptops won't have issues with software support, because they have this huge userbase in order to guarantee developer support. This strategy won't work with Xbox as it is on its own. Xbox sales which Microsoft states that don't matter for them is the only thing that will determine developer's support in the future. If Scarlett sells poorly, it would be a big issue when it comes to gettting games on the platform.

MS could always just state at a later date that they are currently satisfied with the studios that they have and are no longer looking to acquire any more.

It will be interesting to see how far they actually go, like what if they are currently in negotiations with like 5 studios and they all say yes around the same time frame and come to an agreement that could put them at over 20 studios making them one of the biggest gaming companies in the world rivaling 3rd party publishers. Do they just say no to some and say sorry we are full?

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 19 August 2019

Ryuu96 said:

I've been playing this for months on Android?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS