By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Well...I think Microsoft worried too much about Google...XCloud should easily beat it in library, infrastructure and availability (Also rumoured to be beating them in raw power). XCloud vs Stadia is going to be fun to watch come E3, all they need to do now is beat them on price, given everything we already know about XCloud. Hopefully they bundle XCloud into Gamepass as one of the options.

xCloud does not appeal to me compared to Stadia. I already have Xbox and will probably have the next gen Xbox so why would I want to stream games that I could just play on my Xbox since i already own them? Also i'd be paying for for gold, gamepass, and xcloud.

Stadia seems cool because for their exclusives I don't have to buy a box and could just buy the games I want.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

xCloud does not appeal to me compared to Stadia. I already have Xbox and will probably have the next gen Xbox so why would I want to stream games that I could just play on my Xbox since i already own them? Also i'd be paying for for gold, gamepass, and xcloud.

Stadia seems cool because for their exclusives I don't have to buy a box and could just buy the games I want.

@Bold, that's my only concern, they need to get the pricing right but you won't have to pay for Gold to use XCloud on PC/Mobile. What they need to do is bundle it in with Gamepass Imo.

Also Stadia only has 2 exclusives thus far, one of which just looks like a clone of Moving Out.

I don't trust MS to bundle xcloud with gamepass. When they bundled gold and gamepass all they did was combine the prices. If xcloud is $10 like Stadia then Gold + Gamepass + xClould could end up being $25 a month.

Oh and the car moving game looks fun tbh.

I like Rod's reply that's the plan then Nope straight after as if it's 100% rather than the plan, Anyway I quite like the boxart for Gears 5 but it's seems to be Marmite.

I think next gen could be the time for MS to retire Gold, PC doesn't need it and I doubt xCloud would either so it would be a kick in the teeth to console users but maybe they could transition it into a sub for the games only as it still more than makes value with the free games and remove the online barrier on console from it. It carried a lot of the revenue through this gen but with GamePass, xCloud and a real PC storefront they should be able to make up for it and maybe people will be more inclined to sub to GamePass/xCloud with the money they saved.

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

I don't trust MS to bundle xcloud with gamepass. When they bundled gold and gamepass all they did was combine the prices. If xcloud is $10 like Stadia then Gold + Gamepass + xClould could end up being $25 a month.

Well, I hope they won't be that stupid but this is Microsoft, even when they have a massive advantage they tend to screw up somehow. Their only hurdle is price but it's a pretty important hurdle, I just don't see how they'd charge people for XCloud, Gold and Gamepass on Xbox but only charge people for XCloud on PC/Mobile (Since you don't pay for Gold in them places).

Why does gamepass ultimate exist on PC if you don't need gold on PC? That makes no sense.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Well...I think Microsoft worried too much about Google...XCloud should easily beat it in library, infrastructure and availability (Also rumoured to be beating them in raw power). XCloud vs Stadia is going to be fun to watch come E3, all they need to do now is beat them on price, given everything we already know about XCloud. Hopefully they bundle XCloud into Gamepass as one of the options.

The key would be that you can stream those games to any device not just your Xbox.  I believe XCloud will allow you to stream your games not only to your Xbox but to your phone, PC, tablet etc.  If MS bundle it all into one nice package, you basically could have all your games available no matter what device you are on or where you are at.

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:

The key would be that you can stream those games to any device not just your Xbox.  I believe XCloud will allow you to stream your games not only to your Xbox but to your phone, PC, tablet etc.  If MS bundle it all into one nice package, you basically could have all your games available no matter what device you are on or where you are at.

Wasn't this MS goal with Xbox Play Anywhere? You can already stream your Xbox games to any PC in your home so I guess this could be useful when traveling.

jason1637 said:

Man that Sony E3 where people freaked out over FF7:RE, Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian ain’t looking so hot now.

EspadaGrim said:
jason1637 said:

Man that Sony E3 where people freaked out over FF7:RE, Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian ain’t looking so hot now.

It didn't look so hot back then either tbh

Angelus said:
EspadaGrim said:

It didn't look so hot back then either tbh

People were saying that it was the best E3 ever, if I’m not mistaken weren’t the Crash Remasters also announced that E3.