By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
Yeah at this point, a sequel for SoT doesn't make sense. It will be updated just like Minecraft, Fortnite, PUBG and other successful series.
It would be a bit foolish to risk losing the userbase of the first and hope they will make the jump to SoT2.
Sadly that also means that a lot of Rare employees are now constantly working on updating SoT and that we shouldn't expect any other game from them any time soon.

Well they are/were working on three projects. 

Around the Network

jason1637 said:
SSD or bust. MS can afford to lose money on hardware for the first few years.

They won't do it though. Looking at current hardware sales number, they would be insane to do so. I think they fully understand that their console is way behind the competitors which means that selling crazy numbers to cover the losses is almost impossible.

Barozi said:
Yeah at this point, a sequel for SoT doesn't make sense. It will be updated just like Minecraft, Fortnite, PUBG and other successful series.
It would be a bit foolish to risk losing the userbase of the first and hope they will make the jump to SoT2.
Sadly that also means that a lot of Rare employees are now constantly working on updating SoT and that we shouldn't expect any other game from them any time soon.

What we know is 150 are working on Sea of Thieves and 80-100 are working on another project. Unless SoT explodes with the Arena update, I think a big portion of those 150 would move to the second project. Rare has more than doubled their work force compared to the times they were developing SoT. In 2020, they would keep around 50 employees to work on smaller, less frequent updates. 

60 people were enough to maintain, update and constantly port Minecraft to more devices. 

So on 5th February we not only getting an Inside Xbox Episode but a big information dump from media outlets on Crackdown 3 followed by review embargo on the 11th, 4 days prior to launch.

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

Interesting, considering the talk of the studio that rhymes with balloon being a possible acquisition, not saying an announcement at the Inside Xbox show but it's still curious considering the rumours.

They said to tune in for coverage of their team so I doubt it has to do with a game. I know that they are a new studio but it would not make sense for MS to showcase them unless they are being acquired. 

Anyone here picking up KH3 for Xbox one? I've read there is a fantastic 'story so far' delivered with the launch day update. Currently finishing God of War but then I think I will pick up KH3 on the X.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Anyone here picking up KH3 for Xbox one? I've read there is a fantastic 'story so far' delivered with the launch day update. Currently finishing God of War but then I think I will pick up KH3 on the X.

My deluxe edition will hopefully be here in 10 hours! A lot of people in the discord bought it on Xbox, here’s hoping it has a decent FW on Xbox.

Barozi said:

Eventually in the future, I’m talking like decade or more lol when the user base is already dead. No one in their right mind would think a quick sequel is a good idea