By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

MS should have absorbed Capcom Vancouver and made it a second team under The Coalition it would have been the perfect opportunity.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
MS should have absorbed Capcom Vancouver and made it a second team under The Coalition it would have been the perfect opportunity.

I disagree with this. First, they closed the studio for a reason. Secondly, a development studio is all about the people. Can Microsoft buy the studio from Capcom? Yes. Can the influential personnel leave the day after? Yes. Thirdly, why buy the whole box of apples when you can focus om the good ones and avoid the rotten? Just recruite whoever you'd feel he/she will add value. Start slowly with a strong base. 

Actually that is what I'm afraid of when I saw Playground job posting. I hope they take it slowly and think thoroughly about who they hire. Don't just higher anyone because you're in a hurry and you have a list of 100+. Playground has a very high standard that you'd like to keep.

KiigelHeart said:
I didn't even realise how safe the seas have been for a couple of months. I remember the first months when you had to be watching your back and scanning the horizon all the time for bloodthirsty pirates. But somewhere along the way the seas became calm. Most crews were just minding their own business or looking for an alliance. We got sloppy and careless..

..until today when we sailed our ship to the Devil's Roar :P

We stopped by some shipwrecks, got loot on board and deciced to sell everything at the new Outpost. We were so enthralled with all the volcanos around us it didn't even cross our minds to check if the Outpost is occupied. And, for the first time in months, after docking our ship we were ambushed! Outnumbered 3vs2 we fought bravely and won. Some moments later we were at a shipwreck and another brigantine caught us totally off-guard. Somehow we managed to escape and even do some damage to their ship. But it was clear we have to start paying attention, months ago they'd never got the jump on us like that.

My point is, the Seas are vicious again and I love it!

But those murderous pirates are not the only threat of Forsaken Shores, oh no. Rare wasn't kidding when they said doing Devil's Roar voyages isn't a walk in the park. Those volcano eruptions are deadly and sink your ship faster than two Galleons full of Pirate Legends. Get hit by a flaming rock & you're dead with a ship full of holes. We experienced this first hand...

Can't wait to play more on Saturday!

It's funny how that happened the first few weeks I played was a slaughter fest you couldn't leave your ship unmanned at all or end up with it gone whislt looking for chests then it became ah another ship but cba I'l sail past and do my own thing which I didn't really mind as you could chill then when you wanted to epic sea battle there was always guaranteed fun in that regard at skull forts.

The expansions are definitely getting getting better and bigger as times goes on and the latest patch only had 6 months of a development cycle which is half of what they plan going forward with the 4 teams working on content drops at 12 month cycles with expansions dropping every 3 months. There is definitely a good future for Sea of Thieves if the past updates were created in such a short time are anything to go by that the expansions arriving next year should be packed.

The thing with Sea of Thieves is that with a good crew and especially with friends it probably is the Game of the gen in terms of fun but the reverse can be said for solo play or bad PUG crews drop it to an average at best game. I do wish I knew more people who played Sea of Thieves on a regular basis and more real life friends would be great as all but one of my good real life friends on Xbox don't play it as it isn't their style of game and another friend who I know would absolutely love SoT but still hates Xbox for the forced Kinect/always online stuff from E3 2013 and won't buy a Xbox :( which is a shame as I know we could probably spend a few hundred hours on SoT and love it. Hopefully I can get them back on Xbox next gen and play some SoT then hah!

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 29 September 2018

I LOVE GIGGS said:

I disagree with this. First, they closed the studio for a reason. Secondly, a development studio is all about the people. Can Microsoft buy the studio from Capcom? Yes. Can the influential personnel leave the day after? Yes. Thirdly, why buy the whole box of apples when you can focus om the good ones and avoid the rotten? Just recruite whoever you'd feel he/she will add value. Start slowly with a strong base. 

Actually that is what I'm afraid of when I saw Playground job posting. I hope they take it slowly and think thoroughly about who they hire. Don't just higher anyone because you're in a hurry and you have a list of 100+. Playground has a very high standard that you'd like to keep.

I'm not saying that they should have bought them from Capcom I'm just saying that it could have been a good opportunity for MS, similar to how Crytek went after Vigil Studios after they closed down to make Crytek USA. All of MS studios are currently expanding nothing is going to stop that and when you have 150 experienced AAA devs that have experience using Unreal Engine that live in the City and would not have to relocate that is a massive opportunity that MS could have taken advantage of they would also be under new leadership under Furg just as a second team, not to mention that MS is looking to buy studios and expand 1st party right now and CV is a way better dev than Undead Labs and Compulsion so starting a new team with them is something that would add value since there are not many AAA devs out there for them to acquire.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 29 September 2018

Minecraft con is busy now, they announced some new biome updates and you could vote which one goes first, desert did not made it two left but the vote is still going on;

They announced they have multiple games in the MC universe and one is announced called minecraft Dungeons. It is an adventure/RPG/Rogue like up to four players where you have to survive dungeons and fight MC monsters + original monsters. Release is for 2019 but PC is the only platform so far.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Minecraft con is busy now, they announced some new biome updates and you could vote which one goes first, desert did not made it two left but the vote is still going on;

They announced they have multiple games in the MC universe and one is announced called minecraft Dungeons. It is an adventure/RPG/Rogue like up to four players where you have to survive dungeons and fight MC monsters + original monsters. Release is for 2019 but PC is the only platform so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJicIi8Lvx0&feature=youtu.be

New minecraft update theme will be Village and pillage.

Lots of new weapons crossbows/staffholding.

Pillagers new mob villager that attack in group with a beast..

New mobs cats/Panda (even with a sneezing one).

Also announced that in China their are more than 150 million Unique MC registered players.

Taiga won the vote update biome comes with foxes/cherries to eat and campfires.

konnichiwa said:

Can't believe how they still didn't manage to release the 4k patch....

Klobrille on MS Studios "Microsoft Studios will eventually end up having more studios than SWWS if only a quarter of their theoretical plans go through."

Rodneybouch on XO " I think we will have some surprise for Dontnod or Remedy to. Microsoft studios have game in development with partner. At least one new game will be reveal in the next 12 months."

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 29 September 2018

WoodenPints said: 

It's funny how that happened the first few weeks I played was a slaughter fest you couldn't leave your ship unmanned at all or end up with it gone whislt looking for chests then it became ah another ship but cba I'l sail past and do my own thing which I didn't really mind as you could chill then when you wanted to epic sea battle there was always guaranteed fun in that regard at skull forts.

The expansions are definitely getting getting better and bigger as times goes on and the latest patch only had 6 months of a development cycle which is half of what they plan going forward with the 4 teams working on content drops at 12 month cycles with expansions dropping every 3 months. There is definitely a good future for Sea of Thieves if the past updates were created in such a short time are anything to go by that the expansions arriving next year should be packed.

The thing with Sea of Thieves is that with a good crew and especially with friends it probably is the Game of the gen in terms of fun but the reverse can be said for solo play or bad PUG crews drop it to an average at best game. I do wish I knew more people who played Sea of Thieves on a regular basis and more real life friends would be great as all but one of my good real life friends on Xbox don't play it as it isn't their style of game and another friend who I know would absolutely love SoT but still hates Xbox for the forced Kinect/always online stuff from E3 2013 and won't buy a Xbox :( which is a shame as I know we could probably spend a few hundred hours on SoT and love it. Hopefully I can get them back on Xbox next gen and play some SoT then hah!

Yeah SoT isn't much fun playing solo. I wouldn't even bother. Doing voyages on Forsaken Shores map is nearly impossible alone. 

Tell your friend to get his head out of his ass ffs :D Missing out on all the fun because of something that happened five years ago.. Or play on PC, having a m&k friend doesn't hurt at all. On a side note, I also thought SoT wouldn't be my style of game but now it's a gotg contender. Of course there's still so much Rare needs to add and improve.

We're always running a duo Brig so there's a spot open if you want to join. We'll probably try Devil's Roar Athenas Voyage tonight or tomorrow.