By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DeusXmachina said:
I was thinking of getting the Xbox One X but all this talk about PS5 and Xbox 2 makes me very hesitant...

Exactly!! I was so sure about getting the X this summer just in time to play State of Decay 2 and RDR2 later but from the looks of it the PS5 might even release THIS YEAR!! but most likely next year... It's too early in the gen for any new iteration in my opinion, LET THE CONSOLES AGE NATURALLY instead of premature death!! 

2020 is a good year to start the generation, these consoles still have some life left in them!!

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
https://youtu.be/6xDKmqDnGZI

You should definitely listen to this. A summary:

Sunset Overdrive could not be dead
Quantum Break nearly bankrupted Remedy
MS is investing a lot of money on Mixer (yikes) and Game Pass (god yes)
Streaming is the future of Xbox
Gears and Halo spin offs basically confirmed
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-studios-partners-current-and-future-landscape.1061/page-293

Not surprised with QB almost bankrupting Remedy. This game costed a lot and needed to sell a lot.

DeusXmachina said:
I was thinking of getting the Xbox One X but all this talk about PS5 and Xbox 2 makes me very hesitant...

You can buy it and then trade it in when Xbox 2 releases. Especially because now we have this iterational approach. It is guaranteed that all Xbox One games will be playable on the next console.

derpysquirtle64 said:
DeusXmachina said:

You can buy it and then trade it in when Xbox 2 releases. Especially because now we have this iterational approach. It is guaranteed that all Xbox One games will be playable on the next console.

I already have an Xbox One so i'll keep buying xbox games even if i don't buy an X1 X. I was actually waiting for a special edition Xbox one X since i never had a special edition console but now with all the rumors about the next gen i don't know if upgrading is a good idea.

Also in Greece, they don't really give you a good amount for trading in your console.

It would be pointless to release a new Xbox before 2021, we literally just had a new iteration come out last year, its price won't drop until at least the holidays, and we're already talking about a new console. Come on, the PS5 won't be that much stronger than the XOne X that they'd need to counter.

Around the Network
Kaneman! said:
It would be pointless to release a new Xbox before 2021, we literally just had a new iteration come out last year, its price won't drop until at least the holidays, and we're already talking about a new console. Come on, the PS5 won't be that much stronger than the XOne X that they'd need to counter.

Ur right they don’t need to counter. They have to counter. If they wait till 2021 for their next gen console there will probably already be more than 30 million ps5’s. At that point Xbox next comes out and to counter the only advantage Xbox would have Sony would immediately announce a ps5 pro with better specs than Xbox for 2022. The gen would have a bigger gap than this one.

Edit** forgot to mention that if the ps5 is using 7nm  in 2019 than it will be a lot stronger than the x

Before ps5 releases not only does Microsoft need to have a more powerful box announced but they need to have games announced for it. Also same price as ps5. That’s the only way to stay competitive next gen. 

Ps5 November 2019(my guess)

xboxnext March 2020. Same price, 20% faster, 20% smaller. With big games on horizon 

Halo 6 March 2020, gears 5 November 2020, Forza 8 November 2020, PD April 21, horizon 5 September 21, fable nov 21. 

Last edited by hudsoniscool - on 05 April 2018

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

I can't quite understand why everyone is talking like MS needs to launch close to PS5 or either they will lose next-gen even worse than this. While launching earlier than competitor can give some advantage because of the userbase, you still need to consider the fact that probably first two years PS4 and Xbox One will still be supported and would be the main consoles. I think that what it matters to succeed is a proper marketing and games lineup. Also if Sony launching PS5 in 2019 is true, I think MS would be just fine with One X as a cheap rival until 2020. Because 2019 PS5 won't have that much difference in graphics compared to One X.

P.S. Still, unfortunately the only goal for MS for next gen is shrinking the gap between them and Sony. There is almost no way for them to win or sell at least equal numbers as PS5. A lot of things they did this gen was wrong and considering the fact that next gen won't be a fresh start and likely just another iteration it is hard to turn tables in their favor. They should win in US though if they do everything right. Winning in Europe is impossible and they lost Japan completely this gen without any chance to recover I think.

DeusXmachina said:

I am in a similar boat looking at getting the One X this year....but honestly I am not too concerned. 

Xbox One Two will play Xbox One X games and vica versa, for years at least. And anything that launches this year or next wont be significantly more powerful than the One X.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

coolbeans said:
DeusXmachina said:

My take: it's just speculation.  I recall "BIG rumors" regarding PS4/XJuan when this decade was getting started (around 2011).  We're just riding a wave of new talks about it.

Not really. Dev kits are out.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

coolbeans said:
hudsoniscool said:

Not really. Dev kits are out.

Source?  And what's the average timeline between having a dev kit & the retail console releasing?

Made a thread on it http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235560&page=11#maxposts Semi accurate are the guys that leaked the ps3/360 stuff back in 2012/2011 and had info on the switch before anyone else. We started hearing info about the devkits going out late 2017 and if the semi accurate guys say it can launch this year( it probably wont) that means the ps5 is very close to being ready to be released so i think 2019.

OP: According to someone  Era Screamride 2 is in devlopment by Frontier.