By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

https://youtu.be/6xDKmqDnGZI

You should definitely listen to this. A summary:

Sunset Overdrive could not be dead
Quantum Break nearly bankrupted Remedy
MS is investing a lot of money on Mixer (yikes) and Game Pass (god yes)
Streaming is the future of Xbox
Gears and Halo spin offs basically confirmed
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-studios-partners-current-and-future-landscape.1061/page-293

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
jason1637 said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-studios-partners-current-and-future-landscape.1061/page-293

I am immensely curious as to how that could've happened.  

The TV portion of the project, replacing their character with real actors. The original concept of Quantum Break was far more interesting IMO.

Remedy seems to have rebounded well though, they now have two teams. Quantum Break as an IP is dead imo but hopefully MS can reach a deal for Alan Wake 2.

Also do we have any info about the Halo spinoff? Who is making it and what kind of genre is it going to be, Destiny like?

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 04 April 2018

EspadaGrim said:

Also do we have any info about the Halo spinoff? Who is making it and what kind of genre is it going to be, Destiny like?

We got a rumor a few months back. 343 industries is making the game.

jason1637 said:
EspadaGrim said:

They splitting into 2 teams?

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
jason1637 said:

That’s what it seams like. I think the expectation that halo 6 is coming next year will change. I think this for 2 reasons.

- halo 6 is their biggest game, so why launch it in 2019 when the next console is coming less than a year later. Ps5 is now heavily rumored for a early-late 2019 release so Xbox won’t be too far behind that. 

- secondly since the halo spinoff is most likely an internal team 6 may need longer in the oven. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
EspadaGrim said:

That’s what it seams like. I think the expectation that halo 6 is coming next year will change. I think this for 2 reasons.

- halo 6 is their biggest game, so why launch it in 2019 when the next console is coming less than a year later. Ps5 is now heavily rumored for a early-late 2019 release so Xbox won’t be too far behind that. 

- secondly since the halo spinoff is most likely an internal team 6 may need longer in the oven. 

Ryuu96 said:

Their site is currently down.

Good news if this is true.

Proud to be a Californian.

jason1637 said:
hudsoniscool said:

Thank you for proving my point. Ms did that last gen launched their biggest game a year before Xbox one. What happened? Xbox one had a slow start.... biggest issue.... lack of must buy exclusives.

Ryuu96 said:

jason1637 said:

Sunset Overdrive could not be dead...or it could be...hate rumours like that It'll be good to see it either way but it might not be Microsoft funding the sequel.

Not surprised about Quantum Break almost bankrupting Remedy, them live action/actors must have cost a lot, I doubt we'll see anything AAA from Remedy for Microsoft for a while but I see people suggesting an episodic Alan Wake which could work.

Mixer/GamePass investment isn't really surprising, or Streaming.

Gears is as good as confirmed by Shinobi, I do have doubt whether 343 is making their spinoff however as they haven't ever done so in the past, the vast majority of their spinoff works were developed by other external studios with a few 343 leads on it.

I reckon Halo spinoff this year and Gears spinoff next year, I really hope this means that Microsoft is pushing both Gears 5 & Halo 6 into next gen, then we'd be looking at next gen's first year being Fable IV, Perfect Dark, Gears of War 5, Halo 6, etc. with the latter two having much more development time on them then needed Tbh, come out big.

Ya I agree with you, halo spinoff this year gears spinoff next year.  With all these ps5 leaks sounds like that console is a near lock for early- late 2019. So that tells me Xbox next is late 2019-early 2020. With halo 6, gears 5, perfect dark, fable, and Forza Horizon 5 all out by late 2021 next gen should have a good start for Xbox. Right now is the time to start planning the games after those.