By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Voted for Sonic.
Also MS should just drop the BF1 bundle to $250. $280 seems like a weird price.

Around the Network

All the 10 Sonic fans flocked to XBE to cast their votes. Congrats!!
XD

Goatseye said:
All the 10 Sonic fans flocked to XBE to cast their votes. Congrats!!
XD

Sonic is so cool.

Ryuu96 said:
starcraft said:

Do we have any real idea how badly ME:A sold yet?

Bad enough for them to cancel plans for a sequel, hugely downsize a studio, cancel the single player DLC and put the franchise in general on hold for a long time

Sucks since I loved Mass Effect...

They should just call Andromeda a standalone spinoff, wait a good number of years and make a "Mass Effect 4" which carries on from the Milky Way (Grow some balls and pick an ending We all know destroy is the best choice )

100%

I swear if they had just been a tad less ambitious ME:A would have turned out excellent. They were so close!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Edge of Eternity for me, I backed it on kickstarter years ago hopefully it arrives soon seems ages ago.

Around the Network

Yeah Edge of Eternity looks pretty good. It gets my vote.

Some more mid-month reviews of recently played games.

King Oddball is your typical mobile game from a developer that loves to port these games to consoles. Like their other games (Baseball Riot, Tennis in the Face) the gameplay is simple but addicting. In contrast to the aforementioned games, King Oddball comes with far more levels, but also more frustrating ones. I finished the game and some of the challenge sets in 7 hours, but for a total of 1000G you'd look at 15 hours or more. 6.5/10

Four Sided Fantasty is another puzzle platformer in which you can manually lock your screen, move your character past the outer edge and warp him on the other side of it. This core gameplay element is surprisingly well done and slightly altered in later levels, so it doesn't get boring. The game itself is pretty short at only 2 hours for a playthrough. There are also two additional achievements tied to a specific number of screen locks and screen warps, but I hear they are glitching for quite a few poeple.  6.5/10

Cel Damage HD is a remaster of the 2001 original Xbox game. The game is mostly about vehicular combat and offers three modes: lap races, capture the flag(s) and destruction. There are no specific maps for each of these game types, instead you can just all of them for any mode. Since they aren't really designed that way, you will notice severe inconsistencies. Weapons are very inconsistent as well, some doing insane damage and many others doing next to nothing at all. I guess the game could be fun if you played it with a lot of friends, but the singleplayer mode against bots is not very convincing. On the other hand it's possible to earn 1000G in about 2 hours and 40 minutes. 5/10

The Witness is a well received puzzle game from Jonathan Blow. The game is constructed with an open world in mind and consists of several regions. Unfortunately it is not possible to start where you like (at least on your first playthrough), as you need a basic understanding of how some of the puzzles work, which you can only acquire in specific regions. For solving the puzzles, you need to draw a line from start to finish. Sounds easy, but with several different rules, it can become quite tricky. Unfortunately that doesn't make the puzzles any more exciting. Yeah you sometimes need to interact with the environment, but in the end you're still drawing a line from start to finsih. Story is nonexistent, the artstyle is friendly but done better in games like Firewatch. The game has a massive amount of puzzles, but since it overstays its welcome quickly, I can't even add that as a positive. On top of that the hilarious price tag of $40. In my opinion you can get a bunch of far better puzzle experiences for less than $40. 6/10

Tales from the Borderlands
is another game in the probably never ending Telltale franchise. While the game is set in the Borderlands universe, there are issues to address. The violence is toned down for the most part with some "spikes" here and there. None of the characters seem to have heard anything about shields, even though it's one of the most important pieces of equipment in the Gearbox games. The story is quite enjoyable, though I find it highly irritating that this game is being seen as an integral part of the Borderlands story line. This should be a spin-off, but instead you see characters dying that otherwise would've been in Borderlands 3. The characters are quite good and you gotta love Loader Bot. However I don't really like Fiona, as she looks exactly like the female default character in the Saints Row games and her voice is either the same or at least pretty similar.
Gameplay wise, this is probably the most cinematic of all Telltale games, which is not necissarily good. Interactivity has been reduced even more to a point, where you just can't call it a point & click adventure anymore. There are less than one puzzles per episode to solve. In the few instances where you can freely walk around, the path to take is very clear and any other interactions are purely optional. The old game engine still has some of those typical Telltale issues and like all of their newer games, manual saving is impossible, even though their older games already had that feature. The episodes have an average duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes, which add up to 12 hours and 30 minutes for 1000G.  7/10

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered is a game where you craft words to attack enemies. The game kinda works like scrabble for the most part, but is very addicting. The longer the words and the rarer the letters, the more damage you cause. Your letters can have different effects, both positive or negative, while certain enemies can only be harmed by using specific letters or receive bonus damage when you create words that are longer than six letters. The game is surprisingly long. Don't expect to beat the story in less than 10 hours and even then there are additional challenges to complete. For getting the full 1000G expect to spend more than 20 hours with the game. I'm currently at 16 hours. 8/10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a very well known game, so I'm not going into much detail. The game received a very impressive update from the 2007 original. Graphics look like they belong on a current gen console. Additional achievements have been added, but the real hard ones are still those, who require you to complete the levels on Veteran diffficulty. By casually playing through the game on Regular, you're constantly reminded about some seemingly impossible situations on higher difficulties (Safehouse, Al-Asad's TV station, Mile High Club, etc.). Sadly, some of the achievements involving killing people in a row with knives or headshots are glitched, but thankfully unlocked for me late in the game by accident. The game is much longer and also a bit harder than previous CoDs, even on lower difficulties. One playthrough (while getting all Intels and all level specific achievements) took me 10 hours. 9.5/10

Ashen for me, have been excited for when it was announced.

Ashen looks the most intriguing.

shikamaru317 said:

Looks darn good for a Unity game. It's a shame that Armature wan't this skilled at using Unity when they made ReCore, it didn't look anywhere near that good. 

They probably had a lot less development time for Recore.