By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best exclusives in 2015? X1 or PS4

Why is everyone saying Tomb Raider will be on PS4? I can understand PC, but why would Microsoft (the publisher) release the game on the ps4? The only way I can see this possible is if Microsoft sales the game back to square enix. Kind of like how Microsoft sold Mass Effect back to EA since at that point in the generation it was pointless for Microsoft to hold on to the game and there was more money to be made to sale the game than keep it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
sweetoothj said:

Why is everyone saying Tomb Raider will be on PS4? I can understand PC, but why would Microsoft (the publisher) release the game on the ps4? The only way I can see this possible is if Microsoft sales the game back to square enix. Kind of like how Microsoft sold Mass Effect back to EA since at that point in the generation it was pointless for Microsoft to hold on to the game and there was more money to be made to sale the game than keep it.

Your logic is heavily flawed. Microsoft owns Minecraft and sells it on various PlayStation platforms, so Microsoft is already one of Sony's third party publishers.

Because the game was released on Sony's platform before Microsoft came along to buy Minecraft. There was probably contracts already made that Microsoft has to follow. The future titles (ones that are not under contract) should be microsoft console exclsuive. I still believe they will release Minecraft for Apple platforms and Android platforms simply because there is too much money to be made.

RolStoppable said:
sweetoothj said:

Your logic is heavily flawed. Microsoft owns Minecraft and sells it on various PlayStation platforms, so Microsoft is already one of Sony's third party publishers.

Not only that, but final say goes to Square, not Microsoft. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
RolStoppable said:

No, because if history showed us anything (dead rising, titan fall, and more) Microsoft can make third party indvidual titles exclsuive to their platforms through contracts. Makes sense considering they are pretty much funding the game. Why would Microsoft fund the game if it is going to show up right away on the rival platform? Makes no sense.

sweetoothj said:

Why is everyone saying Tomb Raider will be on PS4? I can understand PC, but why would Microsoft (the publisher) release the game on the ps4?

Because microsoft is only the publisher for the 360 and one version of the game, and they take care of the marketing for TR. It help SE to save money$, but it's not enough to have a full ""exclusive"" ("" = not coming on ps consoles i mean), and that's why they get a temporary exclusive.

If Tomb raider was microsoft exclusive definitely, it would already be said since the beginning, like titanfall.

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
sweetoothj said:

Why is everyone saying Tomb Raider will be on PS4? I can understand PC, but why would Microsoft (the publisher) release the game on the ps4?

Because microsoft is only the publisher for the 360 and one version of the game, and they take care of the marketing for TR. It help SE to save money$, but it's not enough to have a full ""exclusive"" ("" = not coming on ps consoles i mean), and that's why they get a temporary exclusive.

If Tomb raider was microsoft exclusive definitely, it would already be said since the beginning, like titanfall.

Becuause a publisher funds a game not just advertisement or else if advertisement was the only thing they are funding Microsoft would be a co-publisher because you can't make or fund game with just advertisement money. Square enix took the deal because it is less risk for them in every way. 

sweetoothj said:
Azuren said:

No, because if history showed us anything (dead rising, titan fall, and more) Microsoft can make third party indvidual titles exclsuive to their platforms through contracts. Makes sense considering they are pretty much funding the game. Why would Microsoft fund the game if it is going to show up right away on the rival platform? Makes no sense.

Why did MS/EA announce that Titanfall was going to be exclusive for life but with this MS insists that the game is timed, why not clarify it? Makes no sense. Why would MS pay for other timed exclusives if they later show up on the rivals console (cause there is literally no difference for MS if they publish the game on their platform for a third party or if they just normally pay for timed exclusivity, the simple thing is that they are paying money). Also you should google Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

DerNebel said:
sweetoothj said:

Why did MS/EA announce that Titanfall was going to be exclusive for life but with this MS insists that the game is timed, why not clarify it? Makes no sense. Why would MS pay for other timed exclusives if they later show up on the rivals console (cause there is literally no difference for MS if they publish the game on their platform for a third party or if they just normally pay for timed exclusivity, the simple thing is that they are paying money). Also you should google Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 were different games in a lot of way. The reason this was is simply because they can't use any assests that Microsoft contributed to as well as the name they bought. So again rise of tomb raider won't be on ps4. Also, phil said (which everyone seems to ignore) he won't make games or fund games that will show up on the rival platform and compares the deal to dead rising and ryse. Which those games went multiplatform because it showed up on the PC.

sweetoothj said:

Square enix took the deal because it is less risk for them in every way. 

Yeah sure.

Well, it's useless to talk about this any longer, after all we just have to wait to see where the game will go.

sweetoothj said:
DerNebel said:

Why did MS/EA announce that Titanfall was going to be exclusive for life but with this MS insists that the game istimed, why not clarify it? Makes no sense. Why would MS pay for other timed exclusives if they later show up on the rivals console (cause there is literally no difference for MS if they publish the game on their platform for a third party or if they just normally pay for timed exclusivity, the simple thing is that they are paying money). Also you should google Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 were different games in a lot of way. The reason this was is simply because they can't use any assests that Microsoft contributed to as well as the name they bought. So again rise of tomb raider won't be on ps4. Also, phil said (which everyone seems to ignore) he won't make games or fund games that will show up on the rival platform and compares the deal to dead rising and ryse. Which those games went multiplatform because it showed up on the PC.

1.Microsoft didn't buy the Tomb Raider name and he clearly stated that the deal he has has a duration.

2. People might be ignoring it because he never said it, Phil Spencer said that he wouldn't fund the development of a version on a rivals system, so he won't fund the PS4 version of RoTR, nowhere did he say that he's stopping SE from funding it themselves.

3. Google Ryse PS4, you will find an interview in which Crytek says they are open to a PS4 version of the game. MS is not stopping them. The reason Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are not on PS4 are not because of MS.

And if Tomb Raider won't come to PS4 why won't he just say it? Like they did with Titanfall or like Sony did with SFV? Give one good reason for that.