By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Sell/Ship 4mil+ Copies WW Lifetime? [UPDATE: 4.06mil By First Years End Only!)

small44 said:
I don't understand why people have low expectation for Splatoon

Its new IP and multiplayer game at core on a dying platform.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
small44 said:

Yes it's a new IP but it's a good games with good advertisments and wide appeal it's can appeal to both childrens and adults if a game like eyepet sell 1 millions on a hardcore console Splatoon can sell many time better.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
biglittlesps said:
small44 said:

Yes it's a new IP but it's a good games with good advertisments and wide appeal it's can appeal to both childrens and adults if a game like eyepet sell 1 millions on a hardcore console Splatoon can sell many time better.

Gamers move to new games so they wont stay on one game especially multiplayer games for long time as we have many new games around multiplayer are getting released and Nintenod Wii U user base is not growing for sales increase from new users. Eyepet was developed for PS Move so it sold for those Move users and there were not many Move games for them to try. 

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

4 mil? Let's not get carried away now ; ) The game seems to be doing well, but 4 mil? That seems a bit of a stretch. Maybe 2 mil?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

biglittlesps said:
small44 said:

Dying Platform? PS4/VITA/3DS confirmed Dead/Zombie

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
small44 said:
biglittlesps said:
small44 said:

Gamers move to new games so they wont stay on one game especially multiplayer games for long time as we have many new games around multiplayer are getting released and Nintenod Wii U user base is not growing for sales increase from new users. Eyepet was developed for PS Move so it sold for those Move users and there were not many Move games for them to try. 

If it was true that Mario would be dead now.

Even there's only 1 game if you don't like it you will not buy it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Naw, I don't think so. Then again, it has surprised me so far...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

biglittlesps said:
small44 said:
biglittlesps said:
small44 said:

I've yet to see a single week where the Wii U didn't move an additional unit (at least one console) to the public.

Therefore the Wii U's audience is still growing. On top of that, the Wii U was up 20% YoY for the first 4 months of the year. That may change with the ghost of MK8's hardware boost, but "Splatoon" has done well in Japan in terms of helping out the hardware. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Let's see, it's ahead of Mariokart 8 at this point in Japan, halfway what it was in Canada...

I'm going to guess first week globally will be around 400-600k.

The Wii U will probably last until 2017 before the next home console is launched (unveiled E3 2016, released 2017).

Splatoon has been bought by a huge amount of people despite there being little to do on it (I own it, for the record, and love the game), but all that free dlc they are releasing/will release is going to draw in new customers more than a typical game would get post launch. I think this game is going to have abnormal legs (even by Nintendo's standards) because of all the free dlc and advertising.

I'll say yes!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/11/the-witcher-3-topped-software-sales-in-may

splatoon is at 5th place in NPD sales for May. And it is only 3 days and already got 5th place. good 1st week for Splatoon i guess. not sure what are the numbers though.

if Nintendo pushes a lot of free content post August and still providing new maps, modes, etc... it may reach a certain level of sales still might not be 4m.