By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninendo Direct Announced JUST before E3 in Japan? Nintendo is up to something!

The direct before E3 makes me...

Nervous about E3? 4 7.69%

Excited about E3!!! 27 51.92%

I'm Japan, I no speak Mexican. 17 32.69%

AHHHH!!! 4 7.69%

Total:52

So, as many have heard by now, there is a Direct for Japan coming up soon. I'd like to discuss the meaning behind this.

Why would Nintendo do a direct right before E3 (a little more than 2 weeks before)? Yes, it is just Japan but I think it's important to note that they are going to be talking about games releasing in the summertime (for Japan). That means the games discussed in this direct probably won't be released until late 2015 in the rest of the world. I SERIOIUSLY doubt that Nintendo will talk about games at E3 that they JUST talked about in a direct just 2.5 weeks prior.

What this leads me to believe is that Nintendo has so many announcements at E3 that they want to take care of all of the games that are releasing soon (which is GREAT news for those of us concerned that this would be a smaller showing due to Nintendo, potentially, pushing back titles to be NX games instead of Wii U ones) and that E3 is going to be MOSTLY focused on 2016 with only a little bit of focus on 2015. This is just my prediction.

*Edit, E3 will ONLY focus on 2015 games (though, that's fiscal so could be some early 2016 games too). And since they are talking about some other games at this Direct PRIOR to E3, that must mean they have a LOT to talk about at E3.

Why do you think Nintendo would have a direct so soon to E3?

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/29/nintendo-direct-planned-for-japan-on-may-31st/

Nintendo Direct Planned For Japan On May 31st

Well, this is curious timing. Just before E3 Nintendo of Japan will be hosting a Nintendo Direct which will focus on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles that are due for release this summer. It’s unlikely to contain any surprises with the E3 Nintendo Digital Event coming up, but it should be worth a watch.

Thanks, lamatsucubo

Around the Network

NX is coming out in Japan THIS SUMMER

Hmm... How many games can they talk about? 3DS is a bigger priority than Wii U in Japan... Yokai Watch, Fire Emblem IF, the many licenzed games, maybe 1 or 2 announcements. For Wii U? Yoshi's Woolly World and SMTxFE come to mind. Oh, what about Project Treasure? That game announced last Direct, which... we know nothing about.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I don't see any other reason why they would do this unless they just want to get smaller announcements out of the way before E3, so I think you're right.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

What could it possibly be that would warrant its own direct? Maybe its not even something completely gaming related. Maybe its a update on Splatoon shipments or something. Or the first beta of their next service after Club Nintendo.

It seems like it's merely Japan only. My guess is we will see news on Japan only titles which wouldn't be a focus at E3, thus providing something for everyone.

Will we see anything more? Unlikely... But we will see tomorrow for sure.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

will be games japan gets this year and eu/america dont get at all because they'll stand japan exclusive,doh

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So its kinda like their own Tokyo Game Show Direct?

bunchanumbers said:
What could it possibly be that would warrant its own direct? Maybe its not even something completely gaming related. Maybe its a update on Splatoon shipments or something. Or the first beta of their next service after Club Nintendo.

Doubt it. I thought about that, but it's coming in Fall, ClubNintendo is technically* still going, and they must announce it at E3, since that'll probably be a worldwide service.

*because they are only distributing rewards.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988