By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people on this site think Splatoon is going to do so well?

Splatoon sales prediction

<500k 91 13.28%

500K-800k 123 17.96%

800k-1.2 million 131 19.12%

1.2million-1.6 million 100 14.60%

1.6million-2million 70 10.22%

2 million+ 170 24.82%

Total:685
daredevil.shark said:
So. Splatoon fell short of bloodborne which is a niche genre. Plus Splatoon in a system that has more install base in Japan. Not big sales as many were expecting.

lol that damage control. Let's look at worldwide + legs everywhere. Also, cry me a river.

Around the Network
eternityslumber said:
daredevil.shark said:
So. Splatoon fell short of bloodborne which is a niche genre. Plus Splatoon in a system that has more install base in Japan. Not big sales as many were expecting.

lol that damage control. Let's look at worldwide + legs everywhere. Also, cry me a river.

Hi zero. Got a Wii U yet? Lol.

SpokenTruth said:
daredevil.shark said:

Actually, that's about exactly what the majority were expecting and way more than any initial expectations.

By the way...who are the many that were expecting bigger?

Beating titanfall X1 version or 4 million ltd.

daredevil.shark said:

Didn't Splatoon sell out and have stock problems? That kind of makes this point moot, since you can't sell stock you don't have. Looks like their initial shipment was right at 150k since it had a 90% + sellthrough, so it would be impossible for it to sell more than that at retail.

SpokenTruth said:
daredevil.shark said:

Beating titanfall X1 version or 4 million ltd.

And how did TitanFall do first week in Japan?

You do realize this is just Japan week 1 right?

I know. But Japan as their stronghold might give an worldwide idea. In few weeks it will be clear.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
thatguymarco said:

Nah, nope, still don't buy it, I say it'll sell 1.2M life time, if it gets lucky, worst case I can see it selling 0.7M.

that defeats the purpose of your entire post lol :) 700k-1.2mil is good and nowhere near bayo2 lifetime 

I'm not that pessimistic you know, lol, I mentioned that the art-style and themes would attract a lot more people to it compared to Bayo2, I meant it as more of a comparison, since I've seen people saying that the game would pull off a Mario Kart and sell around 2M-2.5M LF (again, this is only comparative), which is, in my opinion, stupidly fucking optimistic, same thing happened with Bayo2 with people claiming that the game would get past 1M in a blink of an eye, and then lowering sale expectations immediately after the game came out.

I'm now filled with determination.

SpokenTruth said:
daredevil.shark said:

I know. But Japan as their stronghold give give an worldwide idea. In few weeks it will be clear.

So you're basing your "Not big sales as many were expecting" on what exactly?  If you are comparing it to TitanFall, it crushed it.

And the Wii U is still much bigger in the US than Japan.  Are you seriously thinking it will do less in the US than it did in Japan?

Lol. I was saying worldwide sales which will be clear soon. Have fun predicting 4 million / 2.5 million sales LTD.

daredevil.shark said:

I ain't really into sales as most people here are, but falling short of a heavyhitter, critically aclaimed and with high 1st week sales game, such as Bloodbonre, doesn't mean it hadn't big sales. Actually its quite the opposite.

And correct me if I'm wrong, bit isn't a shooter more niche in Japan than Bloodborne? I'm honestly asking cuz I had the impression japanese are not that into shooters...

Anyway, both Bloodborne and Splatoon had great 1st week sales!

Giggs_11 said:
daredevil.shark said:

I ain't really into sales as most people here are, but falling short of a heavyhitter, critically aclaimed and with high 1st week sales game, such as Bloodbonre, doesn't mean it hadn't big sales. Actually its quite the opposite.

And correct me if I'm wrong, bit isn't a shooter more niche in Japan than Bloodborne? I'm honestly asking cuz I had the impression japanese are not that into shooters...

Wii U has more install base in Japan. Not going to comment anymore here. Have fun.

daredevil.shark said:
Giggs_11 said:

Wii U has more install base in Japan. Not going to comment anymore here. Have fun.

That's the only thing going on for Bloodborne so you have no reasonable arguments and you just go with that.

The desperation of haters amuses me so yeah, I am having fun...