By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people on this site think Splatoon is going to do so well?

Splatoon sales prediction

<500k 91 13.28%

500K-800k 123 17.96%

800k-1.2 million 131 19.12%

1.2million-1.6 million 100 14.60%

1.6million-2million 70 10.22%

2 million+ 170 24.82%

Total:685

Media Create sales should be leaked any minute now. I read that two shipments were shipped, and the first one had was 150K and it sold out. I admit that I was wrong about this game, I didn't expect the breakout hit that Splatoon is becoming.

Around the Network

And I though we didn't like launch game lacking content, dlc, locked content... Well we can all make mistakes.

Do anyone here think if CoD launched with the same content they would be bombarded with complains, cursing and reviews?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
And I though we didn't like launch game lacking content, dlc, locked content... Well we can all make mistakes.

Do anyone here think if CoD launched with the same content they would be bombarded with complains, cursing and reviews?

When its in your favor its good.

Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:

not many games outside Mario sell well on Wii U   You actually listed most of them

Re Kirby-   They prob didn t expect 1million+ for Wii U but 150k IS terrible and no question far below Nintendo s projections-  

I have had the wii u since launch and it is more of a Mario/platformer box for most-  outside of Mario and platformers most games have not sold well even though there are some high quality non Mario/platforming games available_ I m one of the exceptions that have bought alot of the better non Mario and 3rd party games (wii u is our only home console)

comparing sales on the Wii u to the DS or any other console is really "apples and oranges"

Only Nintendo Wii U game that didnt sell well for now is Kirby and W101 (that game bombed, but its developed by Platinum).

Selling to 10% of your install base is selling well. Its not hard to figure that out. For instance on ps3 that's 8million on wii that's 10million. The games I listed have good sales. Nintendo didn't expect donkey Kong to sell 10million did they.

tbone51 said:
thatguymarco said:

Eh, still don't buy that this game is going to do as well as you guys are saying. Let's leave it at that.

You dont have to believe it, japan sales alone are close to half of bayo2 lifetime. vgc has it overtracked. probably 300k-350k sold currently

Nah, nope, still don't buy it, I say it'll sell 1.2M life time, if it gets lucky, worst case I can see it selling 0.7M.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

It is because Activision and EA are evil corporations out to steal our money.

This is a case of a charity non-profit friend rationing out portions so we don't choke on everything at once. They are so nice, they deserve a donation.

Burek said:
DonFerrari said:

This is a case of a charity non-profit friend rationing out portions so we don't choke on everything at once. They are so nice, they deserve a donation.

All that is coming for free, same can't be said for Activision and EA.

Odakle si Burek?

Nogamez said:
Miyamotoo said:

Only Nintendo Wii U game that didnt sell well for now is Kirby and W101 (that game bombed, but its developed by Platinum).

Selling to 10% of your install base is selling well. Its not hard to figure that out. For instance on ps3 that's 8million on wii that's 10million. The games I listed have good sales. Nintendo didn't expect donkey Kong to sell 10million did they.

not when your install base is under 10 million-  No it is not very good for a big 1st party title

Burek said:
DonFerrari said:

You guys can hate all you want, but you're comparing completely different things.

I bought COD BO2 for €70, it has a 5/6 hours campaign and multiplayer with what? 10/12 maps? It cost me €70 and it has paid dlcs.

I bought Splatoon for €40 with an amiibo, has 5/6 hours campaign and mp with 5 maps. More maps to be added for free during summer time.

I'd say Splatoon was a better deal. And this is comparing with CoD:BO2 which is by no means a game with few content. I put up around 325 hours in it. And Splatoon is going the same path.

You know that argument doesn't make sense when the people using it are non WiiU users and Nintendo critics.

daredevil.shark said:
DonFerrari said:

When its in your favor its good.

I knew I was forgeting something.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."