By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pre-E3: Your opinion on CGI trailers

I like CGI trailers, they give some information about the game, its story and setting, and serve as a creator of hype for the game.
I want to see a lot of them, with many new game announcements.

Around the Network

And thats why we often think nintendo conference are better because they are only made of gameplay trailers

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ultrashroomz said:
They're very nice to look at, but they're never an important factor to me when it comes to buying a game, as they're not an accurate representation of the final game.

i doubt thats the sense of cgis

Everybody i do know (even very casual players) dont believe in cgis. Everybody does know that the game wont look like this.

Cgis are mor for getting people interesting for the game so they may watch gameplay videos/reviews and co. I doubt many people will buy a game just bc of the cgi.

There nice to see in places like TV and Cinema's as they get people watching and market to a wider audience than gameplay trailers but other than that i'd rather see gameplay

Kill them all with fire. They shouldn't exist. Movies don't release video game demos to reveal themselves. Books don't release live action trailers to announce themselves. Video games shouldn't release CGI trailers to reveal themselves either.

In a perfect world, every single game would go the P.T. route with their reveal. You're playing a game. You play games. You should play the trailer, not watch it. P.T. was so criminally innovative, it's a huge pity.

Around the Network

I hate CG trailers. I just want gameplay. The very least in engine.

Agree with most of the people in here, dislike them, especially as game announcements, only thing that bugs me even more are live action trailers.

Those are good as "story trailers" for games already announced and with gameplay showed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

There was a time when they annoyed me, and I would prefer to get some gameplay also, but I actually really enjoy them. They're kind of an art form all on their own, and in just the last few years they've been making some really awesome trailers. The Division and Zombi U are two notable ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Many of the CGI trailers are really cool and good at setting the tone for the games so I think it's fine that the publishers use if it's followed actual gameplay in the same event or week.

SCE showed this trailer at their E3 conference last year and then showed an aplha gameplay demo to the press and let the public play it a few months later, at gamescom.

Don't copy random editorials.