By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pre-E3: Your opinion on CGI trailers

For games with emphasis on story, plot etc then yeah a CG trailer is a great way to tease that. For games where story doesn't play a strong role I'm completely over CG trailers, for announcement trailers I guess they're ok.

Around the Network

i dont like CGI trailers as announcement trailers. show us footage of the game when announcing it. i like CGI trailers when they are done for marketing purposes right before launch, like the Witcher 3 monsters trailers or the witcher 2 Assassins of kings trailer.

CGI trailers are nice to watch, but they don't influence whether I want to buy a particular game or not. That's what real gameplay demos are for.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

I think its a shame to feel thé nées to fill thé conférence with CGI trailers, like thé last conférence of Microsoft, was really bad, full cgi

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I find the effort well spent, especially if the trailer never makes it into the game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

E3 should have a rule prohibiting new game announcements without in game assets/gameplay footage.

The MS conference last year felt weak despite many announcements, because they were all just CGI.

Pointless. Especially when there on a TV advert and show zero game play
That grips me that does.

It's tempting to say a gameplay trailer is better than CGI, but any kind of trailer can be deceptive. Remember the FF XIII gameplay trailers? Yeah, that looked way more interactive than the game actually turned out to be. And let's not forget Aliens: Colonial Marines, either.

Announcing and promoting a game early in production is just a difficult thing to do. A CGI trailer is fine for it (and easy to put together) so long as the team knows at that point what the game will probably be able to deliver on.

I don't like them at all. If they show them then they should mention it in the trailer or at least be realistic and make them look like the final product.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't like them.

Sure, they make their job of impressing us, but that effect only lasts a couple of days leaving only questions and doubts. A gameplay trailer maybe doesn't have that big impact the first time you see it, but the impression it makes lasts longer and tells a lot more about the game, creating (in my opinion) more hype.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.