By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you getting Splatoon? And Why?

Are you getting Splatoon?

Yeah! 221 68.21%

Nah. 59 18.21%

Might get it after release 44 13.58%

Total:324

Yes, of course.

It has almost everything I like in games.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I'm getting it day one because I'm really stupid.

Not trolling or anything either. I'm actually buying it day one (because if I don't Nintendo won't ever make a new IP again...again), but I don't want to because the content is just too low to justify the US price tag. The post-launch content should help but it doesn't make up for the fact that I'm playing few game modes on few maps, even fewer of which are actually enjoyable and well designed. The game breaks a few basic rules of multiplayer level design too, which makes me cringe.

But I'm still buying it because I hope they'll get the single player right and I hope it'll be more enjoyable with the other weapons and not-broken class systems.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

yup! Prepurchased and ready to go. I couldn't find any of the amiibos so I'm stuck doing without.

I played the test fire and it was really fun so yeah I'm gonnna get it... When I get the money...

Nanolx said:

I know some will gonna hate me, but: I already own it. #BrokenStreetDateInGermanyFTW.

Check out this tweet of mine for proof:

Whoa how did you get it early?

Around the Network
twintail said:
Buying Splatoon means I support a company putting completed data into the game but expecting me to pay extra to access said data.

So, no. I'm not buying Splatoon.

WhaaaAaaat? Are you talking about Amiibo?

Not getting it, reasons...
lack of content
lack of interest on the online multiplayer component

Will buy later?, not sure but at least not till august, when my first problem is solved.

pre-order it via amazon after the global test fire. initially i'm not buying it since it is not in my wish list for this year and too many backlog of games on different consoles. but it was fun and my daughter wants to play as well.

First time I ever preordered. Why? Because at 39.99 it seemed a good deal and I am very intrigued by the colors.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

My wife wants it so guess so