By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game System Made You A Gamer?

MSX, I also wrote my own games on it in Basic.

Around the Network

I first played an Atari 2600 at my Aunt's house and wasn't exactly blown away. I have since grown to absolutely adore the system but it isn't what got me into the hobby. No, it was the NES that made me the gamer I am today. I started with Mario like so many others and while I certainly loved it, Megaman 2 was the title that really got me hooked. I rented it week after week until I beat it and then I just had to keep finding other games like it.

More or less the Nes/Snes but PS1 really took me off from there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

A second hand Commodore 64 with heaps of games got me into video gaming ,quickly followed by buying an Amiga 600 and with the Amiga's demise , I moved into console gaming with the PS1.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

PC

Around the Network

The PS1 for me. I wasn't so much of an avid player before it. But Gran Turismo 2 and Driver 2 made me more of a gamer than before on my SNES days.

Try and guess!

Protip: You can't.

My sister had an Atari, i dont know which model...but what hooked me up was the NES. I would say that was my first console.

I just wish the "Old" Nintendo would somehow come back...sigh...

Pc and Nintendo 64.Starcraft and Ocarina of time made me what i am today :)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The PS1 was my first console but it wasn't until I got a DS that I started to really play lots of games. Also it wasn't until I got my 3DS until I recognized myself as a gamer.