By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Second Producer "thinking about western version"; no plans for "For the Sequel" version; suggests future of series is up in the air

So yeah.. the western release is a go, right...? They showed the teaser of the 2nd one in the 1st game, with English voices. You can't tease the 2nd game, and then not release it!!! x (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Really sucks living in the west if you love JRPGs

You and me both, bro... : (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

"He states that, at the moment, they’re only thinking about the Western version of Bravely Second."

I read this as they aren't thinking of sequel, but ONLY the Western release of Bravely Second. Meaning they are focusing solely on the localization. I didn't read this as, they are thinking or not about a Western release.

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

SOME NEEWS

I smiled.

Cloudman said:
StarOcean said:
Really sucks living in the west if you love JRPGs

You and me both, bro... : (

SE just hates us XD

Around the Network

The way it reads to me is, "We have no plans for a For the Sequel version of Bravely Second, right now we're only thinking about (as in our focus is on, as in we're working on) the Western version." It's tranlsated from Japanese so something could be lost there, but that's how the given translation sounds to me.

If a localization isn't already set in stone, I don't even have the words for Square-Enix.

I hope we get a third game... an entirely different thing would sort of let me down. I don't know if they're debating whether they should release a sequel or not because of disappointing sales numbers or if the story has already been well explained in Bravely Second.

Munchies said:
I hope we get a third game... an entirely different thing would sort of let me down. I don't know if they're debating whether they should release a sequel or not because of disappointing sales numbers or if the story has already been well explained in Bravely Second.

Given that before release he had a plan for a third game, I'd bet there's at least some scope for a sequel at the end of the story in Bravely Second.

Kresnik said:
Munchies said:

Given that before release he had a plan for a third game, I'd bet there's at least some scope for a sequel at the end of the story in Bravely Second.

Bravely Second better not flop, then!

No official plans to bring Bravely Second over? I'm gonna call....BS...

*hits cymbal*

Really though, if the Western sales of the first game weren't enough for them to bring this over, then I have no idea what the heck is up with this company. You don't end a game like that and leave a huge portion of your fans hanging. What the heck happened to Tiz!??!?!

Regarding Bravely Third, I have no idea if I should care yet, since I haven't even played Bravely Second. I just hope they change the name, and if they do expand platforms, they put it something I own. I can't see myself getting a Vita, and I'm really not into mobile gaming, so if it stays handheld, it better be on 3DS or its sucessor.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334