By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony getting smaller announcement out of the way for E3? A good sign?

Sony always announce stuff in the run up to E3 and people really need to chill out over Sony's E3.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GameMasterPC said:

Only a few guys from SSM were involved in heling RAD with development of TO: 1886, so I'm sure its release this year means nothing for God Of War IV's release date. The studio has been developing the game for a long time now, could be finished by the end of the year.

Also, its one of the few Sony exclusives which sells on par with Uncharted, so it would be a nice replacement for Uncharted 4 this holiday. Its also got no competition in its genre, which is a plus.

To be honest, I would bet even in a 2017 release over this year.

They had a big project that was scrapped apparently in the middle, so they lost time, and I think GoW 3 showed they wanted to finish Kratos saga and move away but choose to make Ascencion as 3 was so loved, but Ascencion failed to be as successful and impactful as the others, so they moved to the prpject that was scapped.

The leas last PSX make it sound they were starting to work with the game and can't even show gameplay until E3, so it might be a Uncharted and takes it time. But 3 to Ascencion took 3 years, so 2016 seems a good call IMO, even more with the remaster this year with the little teaser about a forth symbol in the end (which may even be Ascencion though).

I think it was a separate team working on the project which was scrapped, and that team of over 200 was let go. So yeah, God Of War IV probably remained unaffected. A 2017 release is still possible as we do not know anything about God Of War IV other than that its in development.

DerNebel said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

GoW 3 gameplay is nothing, we've already seen/played the exact same gameplay in 30fps compared to the 60fps it'll be, certainly not worth wasting any time at E3 for.  Until Dawn release date is nothing, no one is gonna come away from E3 and be like well the Until Dawn releaste date announcement really helped Sony's E3.  For all we know they will release another trailer for a character in SFV at E3.  These really don't mean anything.

The point

^

Your head

Sony revealing a release date and using that to say wow they must have better stuff to show at E3 just comes across as wishful thinking.  Like I said the GoW 3 gameplay is so insignificant it would have never been at E3 anyway.  None of these give any indication of how Sony's E3 press conference is gonna be.

I think they will have a solid E3 press conference. I am expecting also at least three new IPs from their first party studios. But considering some tips made by Sony, they will announce another third party exclusive game.

They will dedicate 1:30 for CoD exclusive DLC.

Or just do like when launching against DC (ps2) go to stage, say 299,99 and leaves. 30s all solved for the year and no wasted time, go play at E3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I like your logic, hope it's true.

They could quite reasonably dedicate 15 mins to GoW 3 remastered, but it wouldn't be the best usage of stage time from a PR perspective.

E3 was traditionally a trade show for the industry and press, nowadays it's very popular with end consumer so it's kinda hard to really nail the tone/type of show content for those giving the conferences.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

KingdomHeartsFan said:
DerNebel said:

The point

^

Your head

Sony revealing a release date and using that to say wow they must have better stuff to show at E3 just comes across as wishful thinking.  Like I said the GoW 3 gameplay is so insignificant it would have never been at E3 anyway.  None of these give any indication of how Sony's E3 press conference is gonna be.

Last year Sony actually showed a trailer for TLOU:R at their show, they could have easily done the same for GoW3 this year, Until Dawn release date could have also easily been put into the conference. I'm not saying that those trailers and announcements pre E3 mean that the conference is going to be super awesome, but I find it hard to believe that Sony didn't put these announcement out before E3 because they feel they have more important things to show at the keynote.

I just hope they don't spend a lot of time on tv nonsense or self boasting of sales. I just want to hear about games D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

DerNebel said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
DerNebel said:

The point

^

Your head

Last year Sony actually showed a trailer for TLOU:R at their show, they could have easily done the same for GoW3 this year, Until Dawn release date could have also easily been put into the conference. I'm not saying that those trailers and announcements pre E3 mean that the conference is going to be super awesome, but I find it hard to believe that Sony didn't put these announcement out before E3 because they feel they have more important things to show at the keynote.

If I remember right that was just a 1 minute annoucement trailer, they certainly didn't show long drawn out gameplay that would have taken up some time.  There's no way they are gonna put a long gameplay trailer for a re-re-release.

I guess there´ll be one max 2 surprises at E3. Sony still has tgs, psx (my guess is they´ll put more emphasis on this) and paris game week (europe/gamescom press conference replacement).

Yup...RO friggin rocked