By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do u turn off your wii u or just leave it on standby?

I always take it off the plug after playing, I don't trust standby xD

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
I flat-out unplug consoles when I'm not using them.

I wouldn't do that because sometimes it downloads updates for you so it's ready to play as soon as you turn it on

ExplodingBlock said:

I wouldn't do that because sometimes it downloads updates for you so it's ready to play as soon as you turn it on

I don't mind doing it the old-fashioned way. I'm a very old-fashioned kinda guy.

i have it on a master/slave power strip. my soundsystem has realy low standby needs and a remote control(and is used for sound on my tv). when i start my soundsystem, tv and console go into standby.

the older ones are on another powerstrip, because a master/slave powerstrip is limited in power output, and i dont play them so much(well i play em alot, but i have 6 old consoles competing for love)

Hell, I leave it completely on sometimes so I can continue where I left off when I get back from work. I leave all my consoles on stand by, and my light bill is the least of my worries.

Maybe I should care more, but I don't.

Around the Network

I turn them off. o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Off unless updates.

Parents are very fiscally conservative, so I learned early how to save on the Electric Bill.

I leave it on standby which is off btw, that way I get all the updates and I don't have to wait got them when I want to play

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I leave it on standby. There are National Resource Defense Council reports that show that the Wii U standby mode and unplugged are about the same. This means that standby uses next to no electricity so I feel there is no need to unplug it. If it was using power like one of the twins I'd be unplugging it the second I powered it down.