By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lies of Slightly Mad (Project Cars) Head of the studio confess that they were overpromising

Thoughts?

I hate them a bit :) 44 16.79%

I hate them a lot :D 36 13.74%

Nah, just a bunch of liars 66 25.19%

Project Liar 115 43.89%

Total:261
PwerlvlAmy said:
ihatefatkatz said:
I'm baffled people are giving the deceitfulness of the studio a free pass. Yes the Wii U is not powerful to handle the game to a standard. But the overpromising, constant misleading rhetoric and the rudeness is something they should be accounted for.

"The Wii U is underpowered" is a red herring detracting from the real issue present.

Exactly. It leaves me completely dumbfounded as well when I see people condoning the behavior of these devs in general.

No-one bats an eyelid when Nintendo is on the receiving end.

Around the Network
mysteryman said:

No-one bats an eyelid when Nintendo is on the receiving end.

Pretty much. But either way,if it was microsoft,sony or Nintendo fans getting talked to like this and treated like this, it wouldnt be right in any situation really

@Hynad: there isnt a wii u version lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Response to someone saying they arent buying Project Cars anymore

''Oh please do. We really don't want people like you buying our games. ''

someone asked for people to be civil about the situation and he responds

''Hey, it's not your doing Robbo.

We win both ways. He might manage to deter some more of the lunatic fringe with his efforts, but at the same time he'll bring our game to the forefront of the minds of others.

Fill your boots I say. ''

Then another person made a long thoughout post,which didnt have any insults in it and he responded with

''Yup, and if you need to pass this on, we really dislike Nintendo users. ''

list goes on and on really. honestly I don't see anyway to legit justify this guys actions as the head of the studio

The people of that comunity is worse . They are all licking the asses of their idols, Robbo is specially annoying, is the kind of Nintendo fan that thinks that in order to be accepted on anti-nintendo ambients he should give the reason and support the haters to let the people know "I´m not like those Nintendrones" and looking for Ian to give him a cookie, the result is absolutely pathetic .

They are a bunch of liars and the ones saying the opposite are either not well documented about the topic or just blind. Because really, if at one point they say that they are implementing a lot of awesome effects on the Wii U version like particle shadows and that despite the technical difficulties the Wii U can move the game just fine without mentioning any problem with the performance at all and now suddenly the say the console can't run the game... c'mon, it's so damn obvious they're lying! If the game runs at 23fps now it did it back then as well. But they didn't say anything, which is rather suspicious.

ihatefatkatz said:

I would rather have  them cancel it, instead of dangling the carrot and continue their misleading way. What they've said in their forum is not good enough. "We're waiting for a new console announcement, if not we'll may give it a try" sentiment is an insult especially in light to all the stuff they've said last year. And especially when they've alluded that they only need a bit more time to finish the Wii U version.

This is what they said when they cancelled the 7th gen versions.

“Project CARS has always led the pack in terms of insane detail. Whether that’s graphically in the craftsmanship of our cars and tracks, technically in the way we’ve approached weather and time of day, or emotionally in how each car feels and responds to your touch. These powerful new platforms allow us therefore to not compromise on the quality of our vision and ultimately that means players are going to experience something truly breathtaking when they get behind the wheel.”

Before that the Wii U version was a no brainer and could easily be done. But once the the PS4 and XB1 become the new common denominator everything changed. The game they hoped to release around 2013 (yes 2013) and what they released now must be completely different. They announced the Wii U (and PS3/360 versions) too soon, before the PS4 and XB1 were even announced. Goals shifted, requirements changed, and the Wii U couldnt keep up. Its that simple. But they acted in good faith throughout. Theres nothing malicious. Nothing sinister. Think about it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

The Wii U isn't underpowered though, the PS4 and X1 are overpowered.

SubiyaCryolite said:
ihatefatkatz said:

I would rather have  them cancel it, instead of dangling the carrot and continue their misleading way. What they've said in their forum is not good enough. "We're waiting for a new console announcement, if not we'll may give it a try" sentiment is an insult especially in light to all the stuff they've said last year. And especially when they've alluded that they only need a bit more time to finish the Wii U version.

“Project CARS has always led the pack in terms of insane detail. Whether that’s graphically in the craftsmanship of our cars and tracks, technically in the way we’ve approached weather and time of day, or emotionally in how each car feels and responds to your touch. These powerful new platforms allow us therefore to not compromise on the quality of our vision and ultimately that means players are going to experience something truly breathtaking when they get behind the wheel.”

Before that the Wii U version was a no brainer and could easily be done. But once the the PS4 and XB1 become the new common denominator everything changed. The game they hoped to release around 2013 (yes 2013) and what they released now must be completely different. They announced the Wii U (and PS3/360 versions) too soon, before the PS4 and XB1 were even announced. Goals shifted, requirements changed, and the Wii U couldnt keep up. Its that simple. But they acted in good faith throughout. Theres nothing malicious. Nothing sinister. Think about it.

They have been lying all this time, they knew they can´t time ago, lying is an evil think in my book.

Vodacixi said:
They are a bunch of liars and the ones saying the opposite are either not well documented about the topic or just blind. Because really, if at one point they say that they are implementing a lot of awesome effects on the Wii U version like particle shadows and that despite the technical difficulties the Wii U can move the game just fine without mentioning any problem with the performance at all and now suddenly the say the console can't run the game... c'mon, it's so damn obvious they're lying!
  • The game was suppossed to release in 2013, on the 360, PS3, Wii U and PC.
  • Developement shifted to the PS4 and XB1 in 2014.
  • The game came out in 2015.
  • The Wii U cant keep up with a game that taxes even the PS4.

Is this really a surprise?  People are being way too emotional here.

"Because really, if at one point they say that they are implementing a lot of awesome effects on the Wii U version like particle shadows and that despite the technical difficulties the Wii U can move the game just fine without mentioning any problem with the performance at all and now suddenly the say the console can't run the game"

That was all in 2013!!! Before they knew the specs of the PS4 and XBox One. Before they knew just how close (or far behind) the Wii U would be from the new standard "lowest common denominator" consoles.

Goodnightmoon said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

They have been lying all this time, they knew they can´t time ago, lying is an evil think in my book.

*Sigh*

A lot has changed since 2013 and now. The PS4 and XB1 werent even annnounced yet. People thought the PS4 would have 4GB of RAM. People thought the XBox 720 would have a 6670HD as its graphics card. Others were expected 4TF GPU performance...... EVERYONE WAS WAY OFF!!

The game was still coming to the 360 and PS3 at that point in time. Back then a Wii U port would be easy pickings. Everything changed in 2014. You are looking for lies when the truth is clear for everyone to see.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:

*Sigh*

A lot has changed since 2013 and now. The PS4 and XB1 werent even annnounced yet. People thought the PS4 would have 4GB of RAM. People thought the XBox 720 would have a 6670HD as its graphics card. Others were expected 4TF GPU performance...... EVERYONE WAS WAY OFF!!

The game was still coming to the 360 and PS3 at that point in time. Back then a Wii U port would be easy pickings. Everything changed in 2014. You are looking for lies when the truth is clear for everyone to see.

Could you read the OP again and repeat me that I´m finding lies where there aren´t??

Because they are obvious as hell.

I´m sure they knew this a year ago.