By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lies of Slightly Mad (Project Cars) Head of the studio confess that they were overpromising

Thoughts?

I hate them a bit :) 44 16.79%

I hate them a lot :D 36 13.74%

Nah, just a bunch of liars 66 25.19%

Project Liar 115 43.89%

Total:261

nintendo released an under powered console. the game just isnt working on it, people need to accept that and move on.

Around the Network

Ian is giving it to you straight, take it or leave it. The mantra used to be Nintendo doesn't need third party games but in reality its the other way around. NX and whatever else Nintendo release in the future better be able to carry its own weight because the industry has more or less abandoned them. Truth be told they have no reasons to stay.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

generic-user-1 said:

Platinum won twitter, they responded rude to stupid questions(they were totaly clear that nintento payed for the game and noone else wanted to pay for it)

this guy on the other hand had a big mouth earlyer and is getting rude when people call him out.

thats not the same...

Exacty  this ^

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I don't blame them, PS4/X1 are much more attractive consoles and once Bamco stepped in it was only a matter of time before plans had to change.

The fact that the PC version was delayed should tell you everything, not to mention that PC was the main platform they were aiming to develop for.

It is a grim reminder to Nintendo that 3rd parties are the ones who have the final say here

Moyu said:
I don't blame them, PS4/X1 are much more attractive consoles and once Bamco stepped in it was only a matter of time before plans had to change.

The fact that the PC version was delayed should tell you everything, not to mention that PC was the main platform they were aiming to develop for.

It is a grim reminder to Nintendo that 3rd parties are the ones who have the final say here

It's also a good reminder as to why Nintendo fans do not like the majority of third parties as well.  Not bringing a game to the console,thats acceptable and is very understandable. But acting out in the manner in which the head of the company did,that's just unprofessional and outright childish.  Why support third parties who are this arrogant and rude to their own potential customers? Also majority of ports to Wii U have this gen have been half assed at best and gimped with missing features and that is not the fault of Nintendo,that's the fault of third parties and third parties alone

Around the Network

I'm baffled people are giving the deceitfulness of the studio a free pass. Yes the Wii U is not powerful to handle the game to a standard. But the overpromising, constant misleading rhetoric and the rudeness is something they should be accounted for.

"The Wii U is underpowered" is a red herring detracting from the real issue present.

ihatefatkatz said:
I'm baffled people are giving the deceitfulness of the studio a free pass. Yes the Wii U is not powerful to handle the game to a standard. But the overpromising, constant misleading rhetoric and the rudeness is something they should be accounted for.

"The Wii U is underpowered" is a red herring detracting from the real issue present.

At least they gave the Wii U a chance. They wanted to believe in it, they wanted it to work, they really did. And then reality set in. The studio was brutally honest, which other dev would reveal this information? Which other dev would release the games current framerate? Which other dev would admitt to problems getting the game to run at desired performance levels? Would you rather they just silently cancel it? Would you rather they make some BS excuse? Would you rather they released a cut down version that runs at 30fps without any weather effects? What would you have them do? Like seriously, da hell. Ian was civil, polite and honest and only lost his cool once all the crazies came out of the woodwork.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

ihatefatkatz said:

Exactly. It leaves me completely dumbfounded as well when I see people condoning the behavior of these devs in general.

SubiyaCryolite said:
ihatefatkatz said:

At least they gave the Wii U a chance. They wanted to believe in it, they wanted it to work, they really did. And then reality set in. The studio was brutally honest, which other dev would reveal this information? Which other dev would release the games current framerate? Which other dev would admitt to problems getting the game to run at desired performance levels? Would you rather they just silently cancel it? Would you rather they make some BS excuse? Would you rather they released a cut down version that runs at 30fps without any weather effects? What would you have them do? Like seriously, da hell. Ian was civil, polite and honest and only lost his cool once all the crazies came out of the woodwork.

I would rather have  them cancel it, instead of dangling the carrot and continue their misleading way. What they've said in their forum is not good enough. "We're waiting for a new console announcement, if not we'll may give it a try" sentiment is an insult especially in light to all the stuff they've said last year. And especially when they've alluded that they only need a bit more time to finish the Wii U version.

PwerlvlAmy said:
ihatefatkatz said:

Exactly. It leaves me completely dumbfounded as well when I see people condoning the behavior of these devs in general.

You know, no matter what people think or do, you can vote with your wallet and simply not buy the Wii U version of the game.

=P