By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U version of Project CARS facing troubles, likely cancelled

Alt account removed

Carl

Around the Network

Alt account removed

Carl

Great way to thank all WiiU owners and supporters that paid lots of money on the Kickstarter campaign.....where the game, at first, wasn´t even meant to be produced for other platforms. And great way to thank WiiU owners that corresponded to 60% of all consumers interested in that game,. according to the game website pool.

Rogerioandrade said:
Great way to thank all WiiU owners and supporters that paid lots of money on the Kickstarter campaign.....where the game, at first, wasn´t even meant to be produced for other platforms. And great way to thank WiiU owners that corresponded to 60% of all consumers interested in that game,. according to the game website pool.

There was no kickstarter campaign, they used a different website for raising funds. Also:

Direct quote from Ian Bell (SMS's CEO):
"We started the project as a Free to Play PC racing game. That's where more than 95% of the funding was raised. It later (by the choice of the backers) changed to a standard console release on last gen. This then changed (by decision of the backers) to a standard console release on next gen systems."

I think the most important reason mentioned is the economic one. You know, a lot of us here work. And we do it to support ourselves. I think it is unreasonable to expect publishers and developers to create content for the Wii U as an act of charity. People need to support themselves and game development isn't free.

On one hand you can blame Nintendo for making a weak system... but the truth is, People will continue to make content as long as there is an audience for it (See FIFA 2012 for PS2).

So, I believe that the biggest issue is the lack of interest in content that may look inferior when compared to another console... something that most certainly brings us back to Nintendo...oh dear.

Around the Network

Personally, I think there better off going to sub-HD resolution (either 600p, or 540p) before scaling down even more. Because at this point, it seems its almost unplayable.

super6646 said:

Personally, I think there better off going to sub-HD resolution (either 600p, or 540p) before scaling down even more. Because at this point, it seems its almost unplayable.

I am not entirely sure its the graphics that are holding the system back here.  From what I have been hearing from Slightly Mad, it seems like there is a crisis of processing power.  They apparen'y use 2 CPU cores just for tire models on PS4/Xbox One.... so Wii U only has 2 cores...  They seem to need more porcessing power just for physics, AI and drawcalls.  Its not completely clear if the system can run the physics by itself at 30FPS.

CosmicSex said:
super6646 said:

I am not entirely sure its the graphics that are holding the system back here.  From what I have been hearing from Slightly Mad, it seems like there is a crisis of processing power.  They apparen'y use 2 CPU cores just for tire models on PS4/Xbox One.... so Wii U only has 2 cores...  They seem to need more porcessing power just for physics, AI and drawcalls.  Its not completely clear if the system can run the physics by itself at 30FPS.

Then its either almost an entirely different game, or its canceled. That must suck for Wii U owners.

CosmicSex said:
super6646 said:

this, seems it got to big for Wii U to handle. It is what it is. I dont see PS360 owners complaining near as much

oniyide said:
CosmicSex said:

this, seems it got to big for Wii U to handle. It is what it is. I dont see PS360 owners complaining near as much

Yeah me either.