By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U version of Project CARS facing troubles, likely cancelled

DolPhanTendo said:
beeje13 said:
They've probably looked at the Wii U install base, noticed that most Ninty fans aren't sim racer fans, looked at the work required to get it to the acceptable standard, and it perhaps just didn't add up.

It's a real shame for the game and Wii U owners, but that's business.

You should of handle the press release for this game, this is actually a sane logical thought that no one can argue.

oh please, they made the decision to port it to Wii U way earlier on, if they were going to make that decision, they should have done it waaaayyy earlier. But no, they thought that the Wii U was a great platform, talked up a big game, thought it would run great, and thought that Nintendo's install base and the lack of sim racers on there would make it sell well enough (see: the poll showing how much interest there was from Wii U owners). now they're going back on all that and screwing over the same people who supported the project in the first place with excuses that aren't even good. sure, it's business, but they're looking like pretty bad "businessman" right now and that reputation is going to stick with anyone who sees it for what it is. it has little to do with the Wii U's power or sales #'s or whatever and it has everything to do with making promises and not keeping them, IMO.

And just because you say "no one can argue" it doesn't mean that's actually true, you're just one person with one opinion -_- and you pretty much lose all credibility as soon as you say something like that can't be argued, because it certainly can be argued and it's just stupid to think it can't

Around the Network
JNK said:

everybody who says the game is not possible on wii u.

it runs on itel hd 4400 integrated graphics on something like 15 fps 

HD4400 is much worse compared to the wii us hardware. So the game wouldnt had any problem in 30 fps 720p on wii u.

HD4400 - 432GFLOPS

Wii U GPU - 176GFLOPS 

Unfortunate that this game will probably be cancelled, since it would always be nice to have more games..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

zippy said:
Even though I now have a PS4 as well as a Wii U, I shall not buy this game on principle. I will not line their pockets at the expense of all those enthusiastic Wii U fans who helped fund this project. I feel so much better that I chose Driveclub over Project Cars this weekend.
Off topic- Driveclub is a fantastic racer.

I'm debating wheter to buy driveclub or project cars.  How is the drive club online portion?

Sh1nn said:

HD4400 - 432GFLOPS

Wii U GPU - 176GFLOPS 

Where did u get those numbers? They are hell wrong

4400 is 352 gflops 

wii u is 390 gflops

Also the 4400 isnt a gaming gpu and isnt made for gaming at all. The gpu of the wii u is.

compare the power of both in terms of watch dogs (which is even a poor wii u port).

WiiU:

HD4400

the wii u is much more powerfull.

Around the Network

Too bad, although I can't say I'm surprised.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Burek said:
Darwinianevolution said:
So what's going to happen to those who backed the game for the WiiU version?

My guess is that they can ask for a PS4 or XOne version instead.

No PC?

JNK said:
Sh1nn said:

HD4400 - 432GFLOPS

Wii U GPU - 176GFLOPS 

4400 is 352 gflops 

wii u is 390 gflops

Also the 4400 isnt a gaming gpu and isnt made for gaming at all. The gpu of the wii u is.

compare the power of both in terms of watch dogs (which is even a poor wii u port).

WiiU:

HD4400

LOL

That´s a BIG difference.

Yet another fine detail reminder that the Wii U is NOT capable of running QUALITY next gen games.

JNK said:
Sh1nn said:

HD4400 - 432GFLOPS

Wii U GPU - 176GFLOPS 

4400 is 352 gflops 

wii u is 390 gflops

WiiU:

HD4400

Watch Dogs runs like horse shit on PC.