By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U version of Project CARS facing troubles, likely cancelled

JNK said:
Sh1nn said:

HD4400 - 432GFLOPS

Wii U GPU - 176GFLOPS 

Where did u get those numbers? They are hell wrong

4400 is 352 gflops 

wii u is 390 gflops

Also the 4400 isnt a gaming gpu and isnt made for gaming at all. The gpu of the wii u is.

compare the power of both in terms of watch dogs (which is even a poor wii u port).

WiiU:

HD4400

the wii u is much more powerfull.

HD4400 :

HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600, P4600, P4700 – GT2, 20 execution units, up to 432 GFLOPS at 1350 MHz

https://communities.intel.com/message/254122

And we got Wii U numbers from chipworks teardown, you can google B3D or Neogaf analysis

160ALU/176GF

EDIT : 

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/wii-u-hardware-discussion-and-investigation-rename.51528/page-250#post-1582826

Around the Network
super6646 said:
Angelv577 said:
super6646 said:

Because your not buying the games!!!! Then you expect sequels. And with the Wii U architecture, you have to almost build games from the ground up (otherwise you get games that are worse than a 360 and ps3 verson).!!! This costs lots of money, and if you can't get the money, you'll go to the PS and Xbox!!! Their architecture is similar to PC, so its easy to port games (especially for Xbox). I hope nintendo learns this lesson with the NX. Otherwise they'll be doomed. Little support from fans on Wii U = give the finger to the platform and go somewhere else more profitable.

Are you sure games are easier to port to xbox than playtation? project cars runs at a higher resolution and have better frame test.  Same with a lot of multiplatform games that are ported from the pc version.  I wouldn't be sure about that.

Yes, but because the XB1 is slightly weaker, its expected. Many games however have better frame rates than the PS4, even if its only 900p vs 1080p. It isn't a killer for me. I've played Wii games at 480p, and I still think they where fine. However, if Wii U owners can't take an inferior port, then don't expect third parties to come. PS3 owners sucked it up last gen, I think Wii U owners can too.

I don't know why you took it a lot further that it was meant to be,  I was just asking if you were sure it's easier to port games on xbox than ps4 since most of the games on ps4 runs and looks better than xbox and when you find a game that runs better on xbox, it's because it ran at a lower resolution, that's why I said, maybe both are equally easier to port.  it has nothing to do with which one is more powerful, heck I never included Wii or Wii U in the conversation.

I don't see gamers backing many kickstarters in the future if this version of the game never shows up.

4 ≈ One

the wii us gflops are just estimated. its impossible to give accurate numbers but it should be something between 350 and 450 gflops.

intel hd 4400
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Intels-Broadwell-Grafik-Schneller-und-effizienter-Angriff-auf-AMD-2390225.html
website is german though.

"HD Graphics 4400 hat nur 20 EUs, die aber mit 1100 MHz laufen und 352 GFlops packen – allerdings liegt dessen TDP bei 15 Watt."

The wikipedia thing is meant to all the gpus, the most powerfull is 432 gflops. not the 4400

Angelv577 said:
super6646 said:
Angelv577 said:
super6646 said:

Because your not buying the games!!!! Then you expect sequels. And with the Wii U architecture, you have to almost build games from the ground up (otherwise you get games that are worse than a 360 and ps3 verson).!!! This costs lots of money, and if you can't get the money, you'll go to the PS and Xbox!!! Their architecture is similar to PC, so its easy to port games (especially for Xbox). I hope nintendo learns this lesson with the NX. Otherwise they'll be doomed. Little support from fans on Wii U = give the finger to the platform and go somewhere else more profitable.

Are you sure games are easier to port to xbox than playtation? project cars runs at a higher resolution and have better frame test.  Same with a lot of multiplatform games that are ported from the pc version.  I wouldn't be sure about that.

Yes, but because the XB1 is slightly weaker, its expected. Many games however have better frame rates than the PS4, even if its only 900p vs 1080p. It isn't a killer for me. I've played Wii games at 480p, and I still think they where fine. However, if Wii U owners can't take an inferior port, then don't expect third parties to come. PS3 owners sucked it up last gen, I think Wii U owners can too.

I don't know why you took it a lot further that it was meant to be,  I was just asking if you were sure it's easier to port games on xbox than ps4 since most of the games on ps4 runs and looks better than xbox and when you find a game that runs better on xbox, it's because it ran at a lower resolution, that's why I said, maybe both are equally easier to port.  it has nothing to do with which one is more powerful, heck I never included Wii or Wii U in the conversation.

Sorry I forgot :P. Its because it practially has everything a desktop PC has. Direct X 11, a windows like OS, and similar hardware. And I think DX12 will make it easier, though I can't guarentee that.

Around the Network
DRX said:
JNK said:
this just shows how bad the game developers are.
(...)
If they cant make the game run on wii u they probl dont want to try at all. You can expect that they maybe invest like 1 month work in the wii u version at all.

even on PC Master race pc, cars looks worse than forza 5. when you cut down details its look even worse than forza 4.

and here is, f4 - constant 60 fps at 720p on ..xbox360 hardware inferior to wii u in terms of graphic power and memory, only cpu is slighty faster, but not in all scenarios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY3QRnm3alw

To be fair, first party games are optimized to one platform plus  have all the support from the parent company.  It's reasonable to expect better result from first party games. 

super6646 said:
Angelv577 said:

Sorry I forgot :P. Its because it practially has everything a desktop PC has. Direct X 11, a windows like OS, and similar hardware. And I think DX12 will make it easier, though I can't guarentee that.

Now we are on the same channel.  I still believe both will look equally later on as developers get use to both platform.  The difference will come from exclusives.

JNK said:

the wii us gflops are just estimated. its impossible to give accurate numbers but it should be something between 350 and 450 gflops.

intel hd 4400
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Intels-Broadwell-Grafik-Schneller-und-effizienter-Angriff-auf-AMD-2390225.html
website is german though.

"HD Graphics 4400 hat nur 20 EUs, die aber mit 1100 MHz laufen und 352 GFlops packen – allerdings liegt dessen TDP bei 15 Watt."

The wikipedia thing is meant to all the gpus, the most powerfull is 432 gflops. not the 4400

The wii u gpu (radeon part) is either 176 or 352 gflops according to the strip down however there is also the original wii gpu in there and other elements to support wii compatibility. The fact is the wii u gpu is on a cheap 40 or 45nm fabrication process but is not consuming enough power to be 352 gflops so its highly likely to be 176 gflops but that still means its far superior to the 360 as there are many generations of improvement, improved feature set and 32MB of blisteringly fast memory available. Whatever it is 176 or 352 gflops no one is claiming the wii u gpu isn't superior to ps3 and 360.

The big issue is the cpu, we know its a triple cpu identical to the original wii cpu but running at 1.25ghz. It's a basic 32bit risc processor from the last century and doesn't compete in performance with 360 or ps3 because those consoles while having slightly less performance by mhz run their cpu's at 3.2ghz not 1.25ghz and so its an easy win for them. 

That brings me around nicely to my final point and that is Project Cars is clearly a racing game with very high cpu requirements because they are taking car simulation to a higher level. This is where the wii u is poor. You can't just downgrade the wii u's graphics to 480p and sort it because the wii u simply hasn't got the cpu resources to run the game. It seems likely to me that the wii u gpu is probably fit for purpose but the cpu can't cope. The ps3 and 360 probably can't run it due to memory requirements and the wii u can't because of cpu requirements. 

The wii u version may have happened if they hadn't abandoned the ps3 and 360 versions. Then all 3 powerpc consoles could have justified development. Yes it would have been simplified to the weakest part of each console but it could still have been a enjoyable title for those 3 consoles.

It never made any commercial sense to just release it on wii u in addition to all the x86 versions.

mine said:

Mmmh. Sad but if so - who cares?

Wii U owners maybe?

vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:
vivster said:
So NX already has more 3rd party support than the next gen consoles of Playstation and Xbox combined. How is this bad news?

Yeah a crappy port 2 years later YAY Yujuuu!

Hard party

I would assume that NX is stronger than PS4. So it's gonna be a better running and looking game most likely with all DLC included. Totally sounds like a crappy port.

Gamepad functionality on the NX confirmed!

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch