By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I got my 1st ever Playstation Console today

Welcome to the brotherhood

So I guess, from that collection you should play Ratchet and Clank first ( as mentioned in you OP ), then I would suggest meeting some Greek Gods in God of War and then playing as Max Payne in Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

Enjoy

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Ratchet and Clank: Great fun.
Dark Alliance: Great isometric action RPG
Red Faction: Possibly the only FPS I've ever played through to completion, good game.
God of War: Great!
Syphon Filter: Also great.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ratchet and Clank 2 & 3 are the best ones in the series other than Crack in Time. A lot of good games there but it really depends if you like racing (GT3), hack and slash (God of War).

Metal Gear Solid is supposed to be great too but I've never been able to get into it, though I've heard quite a few people say MGS2 wasn't as good as the others. Oh and James Bond: Everything or Nothing is actually surprisingly good.

If you ever get through all those games I definitely recommend picking up the Sly Cooper games and also the original Jak & Daxter. I only played the first couple of hours of Jak 2 but my first impressions weren't as good.

Add Final Fantas XII to your collection!

Congratulations. I've owned three PS systems and none of them lasted me more than a month. I'm jinxed in that regard XD.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Nice, enjoy your console.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

cycycychris said:

But he no longer has a TV connector thing for it, so I'll have to find a cheap one(any suggestion?).

Yes, get component cables, COMPONENT. And choose 480p if available when playing games.

Of the games available to you, I recommend above all Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, The Getaway and Star Ocean Till the End of Time. Have fun. :)

Forbidden Siren

cycycychris said:

Yes, I've never owned any system in the playstation family. I've been Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sega my whole life. But thats up until now. My brother came home today and brought his PS2 with him and told me to take it with all his games... But he no longer has a TV connector thing for it, so I'll have to find a cheap one(any suggestion?). But now to the games! I have a ton of them that he has gotten over the years. But I have no idea whats the good/best games are. i won't be able to play them all due to little time. But I would like to know your suggestions. The 2 rachet and Clank games will be what I start first mostlikely. I look picture since its easier and I don't want to type all these games names.

Middle top: Deus Ex

Middle Bottom: Suffering

games that are must: God of war I and II, metal gears 2-3, resident evil 4

games that you should play: ratchet clank all, max payne, half-life (i don't like ps2 version =P)

You already have a lot of great PS2 games but you really ought to find some of these as well:

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas + Vice City
Gran Turismo 3
Shadow of the Colossus
TimeSplitters 2
Okami
Jak & Daxter
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 + 3
Final Fantasy X
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Silent Hill 2
Burnout 3: Takedown
Need for Speed: Underground 2
SSX 3
SoulCalibur II
Dark Cloud 1 + 2
Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2
Beyond Good & Evil

Probably more but these are the ones I remember at the moment that aren't in your collection.