By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 '15: Our Muppet Bodies Weren't Ready

Is Your Body Ready?

Yes. 40 24.39%

No. 14 8.54%

Not my problem. 12 7.32%

I feel like a Purple Pikmin. 16 9.76%

Hey Bill, you're Fired. 23 14.02%

What's wrong with you? 8 4.88%

I'm about kickin' ass. 6 3.66%

I'm about takin' names. 3 1.83%

My body is Reggie. 42 25.61%

Total:164
Dr.Vita said:
Horrible E3. Worst E3 conference I ever saw...

Sony's 2006, Nintendo's 2008 and 2011 were much worse. 

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Remember when people were saying last year that 2015 would be the "year of the Wii U?" LOL

To be fair, the Wii U has a lot of exclusives releasing this year. The announcements for the other platforms at this E3 were mostly for 2016, 2017, or even later. 

anyone else sad at how they butchered the franchise names of popular titles?

Paper mario = doesnt look like paper mario.
Metroid = doesnt look like a metroid game.
Animal crossing = some monopoly type game?
Zelda tri-force heroes = multiplayer zelda game? just why?

JRPGfan said:
anyone else sad at how they butchered the franchise names of popular titles?

Paper mario = doesnt look like paper mario. Looks like Sticker Star meets Mario & Luigi
Metroid = doesnt look like a metroid game. Looks like Metroid Prime Hunters
Animal crossing = some monopoly type game? Looks like mario party with animal crossing skin/theme.
Zelda tri-force heroes = multiplayer zelda game? just why? Looks like Four Swords Adventures.

It has been a slow progression. Nothing too new here. 

forest-spirit said:
2/10
Their worst one ever. It's not even gif-worthy. And it's not the games that's my problem (I knew this was going to be focused on games releasing this year and early 2016), it's the in-between fluff. The developer stories should be part of the Treehouse event, not the main direct. I want to look at upcoming games, not a girl talking about her stupid yarn creations. "I have no programming or artistic skills, so I'm making figurines out of yarn." FIRE HER!!!

I don't understand how they could mess up this badly. They already had the foundation for a great event, last year's was great.

*sigh*

I'm really excited about Mario Maker, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, SMT x FE, Zelda Triforce something something + some more so it's not like I'm going to have a "Sell all my Nintendo things" meltdown, it's just that the presentation was so god damn underwhelming. And Retro wasn't there. Fuck that.

If you want bad, 2008

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Remember when people were saying last year that 2015 would be the "year of the Wii U?" LOL

Well, don't get it twisted, the games are great, this digital event just kinda sucked balls.

I must say I'm also disappointed, and I already came in with low expectations.
The style with the muppets was very funny, but it clearly lacked substance.
Meh.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

That feeling when I saw Animal Crossing in beautiful HD graphics on Wii U... only to then see those tiles on the floor and realise its not an official game. That hurt XD. Loved the muppet sections, but yeah, this was a waste. Bleh

Btw.. I hate to say it but its all Smeags fault.. He hyped it way too much which this thread.. He should ban himself for a few hours.. Maybe even a day

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Go to page 114 and then read every single post
It's depressing to how quickly Nintendo killed the hype and then seeing everyone's reactions..