By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon strats! - *OP fixed* - Game is out now! What strategies have you picked up?

I only got one game in before the servers overloaded. I spent 50 minutes trying to play again but it never let me in.

Around the Network

I belive a strategy in a multiplayer game should be made by the team, so I wouldn't consider my individual style of play as a strategy. With that said, the only thing I know for sure is that the roller is the best gun in this mode

mZuzek said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I only got one game in before the servers overloaded. I spent 50 minutes trying to play again but it never let me in.

That sucks. Had you kept trying for 10 more minutes you would have played a whole hour.

It was frustrating. I've googled it and apparently it wasn't just me. I hope this doesn't happen during the release window. I'd be totally pissed.

It's tough to say right off the bat when we've only been exposed to maybe 5% of the game, given the simple customization and lack there of with weapon choices.

My first instinct, though, was to try to get good with the splat charger. It always works trying to dodge the enemy by spraying a fine line and swimming for total escape, and useful for getting to high grounds quickly. The only problem is that it doesn't cover a wide area of ink, and thus takes a bit of time for its special to come online.

Subweapons are a huge part of the game when talking about strategy, but we'll talk strategy after everyone else has their hands on it for a good day or two :)

I also have to agree that the game would be way too hectic with voice chat. Having it in the lobbies would still be cool though

Around the Network
EpicLight said:

I also have to agree that the game would be way too hectic with voice chat. Having it in the lobbies would still be cool though

I think voice chat can work really well for this game. For example, we can inform team members when they should or should not super jump next to them in case of an ambush. And once the map gets fairly recognizable, people will come up with names for specific part of the map and tell their members to hold that area for a certain amount of time. I actually wished I could communicate with my team to tell them I made a quick pathway to the large northern area of that bigger map in this testfire. You can even communicate with someone to back you up if you're using a roller or splat charger since those weapons aren't as flexible as the splatter shot jr.

I dont think its a deal breaker though because there are dozen of voice chat apps on desktops and smartphones that I would rather use with friends. But I can see why people are annoyed about it. 

But maybe we shouldn't address this elephant in the room anymore lol

With the Splat Charger today I focused on taking out enemy players and keeping a portion of the map under lockdown. This is a more defensive strategy though, so you need a competent team for it to work as you're relying on them to do most of the ink spreading. Needless to say I did not have a competent team half of the time lol. Got more points than people with rollers, like how is that even possible! It sucks because I'm forced to leave my position to help my team, and then said position gets taken over so we end up losing pretty hard. Still I had fun using it especially after I switched to motion controls making my shots more accurate, and think it's definitely being underestimated, though yeah probably don't want more than one on a team.

It was my first testfire and holy crap. I want to play more NOW.

It is so much fun. I love it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Well, when i die, i always jump to the person who is the furthest from the base, since if that person die, by the time you get ther, the enemy team would have covered most of the land.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

mZuzek said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It was frustrating. I've googled it and apparently it wasn't just me. I hope this doesn't happen during the release window. I'd be totally pissed.

No, it happened with pretty much everyone, that's why Nintendo gave us another hour, and then it was flawless just like the previous testfires. And a lot of fun too.

They did?!?! WTF lol I turned it off and watched a movie instead. Damnit.