By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX 720 VS XBOX ONE

Which is better name?

One 61 36.53%

720 106 63.47%

Total:167

Just a question. Which name is better for you?

In 2013 many people said "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!??!?!?" when discovered that the third XBOX name was "One".

Today, in 2015, what do you think? I still prefer XBOX 720. xD

EDIT: Guys stop with comment like "i prefer XBOX3, i think New XBOX was better", i ask which you prefere between XB720 AND XBO, so, only those two names.

Around the Network

Both names aren't great imo, they should have called it Xbox 1080 to stick with the tradition of copying the PS controller with the name of their system.

XBOX One would be my pick. XBOX 720 would just fuel the resolution debate even more "it's called 720 cause it only does 720P" which we all know is not true, but that is the perception it would have given off.

Xbox Infinity, would also remind me of the UNSC Infinity.

I like the logo for Xbox 720 more :p

But Xbox One is better, since the name is simple and straight forward... It may be more confusing but that's really minor, imo

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Xbox 720 today just screams PR disaster, with Xbox games not being able to hit 1080p. That reason alone is why it isn't a good name.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Honestly, both names are terrible. Microsoft should have called it either Trinity or Delta. They could have followed it up with the Xbox Tetrahedron!

I still don't like 720, but I do hate One.

Imo, i love 720 xD One is not so bad.... my opinion.

Xbox 720